Thread: GUI's
View Single Post
05-26-05, 01:51 PM   #11
Beladona
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
you are trying to think of it in terms of the way EQ handles UI structure. There you can have multiple elements in a single art file, and you must tell it the rect points within that file to locate the image you need. WoW however uses a single image file for most if not all elements. The size of your image is what it goes by, and you can define a separate size (that is scales to) within the XML or LUA.

Much of what you want to do requires some more basic knowledge to get into. If you would like, I would be willing to answer questions or help you in learning more. I haven't released any mods (mainly because I tend to keep my stuff in perpetual beta with constant changes, and never feel good enough about releasing it) but I know quite a bit about lua and xml. Let me know if you want my MSN, AIM, or whatever, and I can give you pointers.

on a side note, my syntax highlighting is done for dreamweaver. The problem is, it requires manual editing of configuration files to get it working. I am now looking for a way to package it into a dreamweaver extension.

P.S. You CAN define images, and even swap some images within lua code. However it is best to stay away from modifying stock ui artwork, especially via lua SetTexture functions. These don't always work right, and can be a pain in the butt to keep stable (no crashes). It is actually better to hide, disable, or replace the functionality of something in the default ui, with a custom element of your own, using your own artwork. More on this later.