Thread: TBC UI Changes
View Single Post
10-09-06, 10:38 AM   #40
sid67
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
They are making a mistake.

The #1 thing that seperates WoW from any other MMORPG is the customability of the UI. I've played other games (and been good at them) that forced me to micro-manage every little button and every little thing. Frankly, I would rather enjoy the game content then be a micro-manager.

For me, these changes would suck the enjoyment right out of the game and make WoW no different than half a dozen other games. Worse, actually. There are other games that have more interesting content and much better graphics. But they dont have the UI. The UI is what makes WoW special and they are nerfing it.

That's why I am going on hiatus for 1 month when WoW launches BC. Rather than pre-order or fight the lines for the game, I am going to buy a different game and give it a try for a month. I'll take a look back at WoW after 1 month and see how clever people are adjusting (meaning the addon community) and if I don't like what I see then I will stay with my new game.

Blizzard is making a mistake because I imagine I am not the only one that shares this sentiment. If they take away what is unique and fun about WoW, what's the point in playing?