View Single Post
09-19-14, 05:02 AM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Danielps1 View Post
Opie is cool but It doesn't really allow me to monitor my Cooldowns. So why would I want to get like another addon to monitor cooldowns which blocks screen instead of using a Actionbar.
CoolLine is a single bar the size of one of your boss timer bars, that shows all of your cooldowns. Takes up way less space than all those action bars. I only have 6 visible action buttons in my entire UI, on all classes.

The Panels under the Chat are supposed to hold information like Gold, Ping, FPS. I just can't figure out how to do it in Lua. ... I don't want to use an Addon with ingame config but if there is one very simple with only Lua, I would love to hear the name.
CargoShip. I don't think it's maintained anymore, but nothing in the LibDataBroker and basic frame APIs have changed in a long time, so it should probably still work fine.

And finally about the Heals. They are pretty broad so either I get a Combat Text Addon or I will just put it a big higher. What would be the easiest way to move it. Does anyone know? Like can I call it in Lua and change the position?
If you're using the built-in floating combat text it's not really movable. Mik's Scrolling Battle Text is popular, actively maintained, and quite lightweight especially given its configurability, so I'd suggest using that. Some people like Parrot, but its original author abandoned it years ago, and it's just gotten random fixes here and there from random community members, so I wouldn't recommend getting attached to it.