View Single Post
04-20-14, 03:20 AM   #4
Digital_Utopia
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
@Digital_Utopia:
OP wants to modify the in-game friends list in World of Warcraft to hide the friends who are only online in the Battle.net app, rather than logged into a game. If you have any BattleTag or RealID friends, log into WoW and look at your friends list. Next to each online friend, you'll see an icon indicating how they're connected to Battle.net. Since the Battle.net app added chat, in addition to your friends who are actually playing games, you now see a bunch of "online" friends with the Battle.net icon next to them. While a few of them might actually be using the chat feature, the vast majority of these people just have the app minimized in their system tray and might not even be anywhere near their computer, and it's pointless to display them.

@Niketa:
What you describe would be possible, and an improved friends list has actually been on my to-do list for some time, but I don't have an ETA on when I will actually do anything with the idea, sorry.
I stand corrected. I didn't realize they changed the in-game friends list, and the wording was a bit ambiguous. Thanks for clarifying.