View Single Post
02-20-14, 12:07 PM   #1
Falleneu
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Small bug in my nameplate addon, need help of lua genius to fix.

Hey, let me start off with, i am a total noob when it comes to this, I can read and understand most of it and change small things around but writing my own piece of lua is completely out of my reach.
I understand I could swap nameplates but I am simply quite fond of these.

I use sh_nameplates, i changed a bunch of things around to make the look suit my taste.
Only problem is ever since blizzard introduced showing spellcasts on all nameplates and not just the primary target they dont update the spell name correctly on all nameplates bar my primary target, the addon hasn't been updated in ages. Example, if i target a shaman casting elemental blast, everyone around me will cast elemental blast when they cast a spell. The icon DOES update correctly, but the color indicator for interrupting and the spell name does not. If I then stop targeting alltogether all nameplates will still show the last spell i saw on my primary target, so in this case elemental blast. If I haven't targeted anything which has casted a spell from the moment I loggedin, then it will simply not show a name.

Thanks in advance for any help.

The attachment is my adjusted version of the nameplates.
Attached Files
File Type: zip shNameplates.zip (267.3 KB, 219 views)

Last edited by Falleneu : 02-20-14 at 12:10 PM.