View Single Post
10-14-10, 06:19 PM   #125
waldodamon
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Celtic Trader View Post
There was an interesting point brought up about coding. I wonder how many of the users actually know what it takes to write code...I know I don't do code, I'm a hardware guy myself. But I have much respect for coders that can cut through code like a hot knife through butter. It takes a long time to learn AND be effective, in my opinion. Learning doesn't just happen over night. I mean when I was taking C in college I learned really quickly that I wasn't a programmer. It's a really painful experience to fail a class because a SINGLE Semicolon was out of place and it crashed the computer...well locked down the computer and killed the program. Grade on the final project? F...

So my question is simple. All the people making complaints that the software isn't ready yet...How fast can you go through what could potentially be thousands of lines of code, correct it, and then recompile it so that it works with a brand new set of instructions from a patch that's going to completely change the way the original program works?

Just a thought
Celtic Trader
It takes lots and lots of testing, then lots and lots of writing, then lots and lots of testing, then lots and lots of editing, more writing, rinse and repeat.

I have not programmed in years, mostly using Visual Basic to hybrid with Unix Systems. Aint no easy task..........