View Single Post
08-19-10, 08:32 PM   #1110
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Bluspacecow View Post
There's a difference between being a certain way and acting a certain way.

For example you have guys who hide their true sexuality for years acting hetrosexual the entire time. Then they discover they're gay , divorce their wives and run away with truckies called Steve (just kidding guys ). Flamboyancy also doesn't necessarily mean they are gay - look at Morrisey of the Smiths who was pretty flamboyant (at least AFAIK) and he was famous for defining his sexuality as neither gay , straight or Bi.

Unfortunately the actor who played Lorne , Andy Hallett passed away due to heart complications from a dental infection in March 2009. His sexuality was never really determined but I do remember a few eulogies written by his friends. He sounded like a really top friend , the sort of friend who would not think twice about jumping on a plane to go cheer a friend up. Fans will miss his portrayal of Lorne and his fellow actors and people who worked with him will miss his extremely cheerful attitude and just general happy outlook in life.

From what I heard he made the long hours working on the Angel series fun for everyone - actors , crew , roadies etc etc. You can read more of what his friends say about him here :

http://whedonesque.com/tag/andy+hallett
Obviously a good actor can throw someone off, but if so he was a damn good actor!
I also said "some homosexuals" have that little lisp, not all. Ofcourse there are also heterosexuals who act "flamboyant" (I think I know what this word means) but I've personally never come across one! o:

I'm sad to hear he passed away, seemed like a great guy.

Sorry for more OT, don't banhammer me Cairenn.