View Single Post
07-04-10, 03:06 AM   #34
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Flarin View Post
I waited on the phone for about 25 minutes before getting someone live. They said since I had put a petition in-game that the issue was escalated which is all he had the power to do. He was very polite and said he had helped 100s of people with the same problem in the last several DAYS.
Restoration times are running at about 10 days at the moment as I understand it.

They have logs of everything you do in game. You kill a squirrel on the way to westfall and not only do they have what time of day and what day it happened but also your exact coordinates to 3 decimal places,what weapon you used,what sex the squirrel the was,how much HP it had,what attack you used to kill it,how much damage was done on it,what direction you were facing as well as what color underpants you were wearing at the time.

These logs take a long time to go through and Blizzard like to be exactly correct about what they restore. Patience is required in this.

What you can do if you nearing the end of that 9-10 days is to make a polite thread on the CS forums and ask politely for an update. If you're very lucky one of the forum CS reps there can check into your account for you and give you an update but it depends on the rep policing the forums at the time. Bear in mind this is not a way to fast track the queue as the reps in that forum can only deal with in game issues. But the saying is true - you catch more flles with honey and I'm sure if your post is poiite enough you will get the help you are after

Lastly once you have this all done make sure you run regular scans with the 3 products I've listed above (IE Avast, Malwarebytes. Combo Fix) . Also keep them updated as new exploits come out fairly regularly. With Combofix bear in mind there are specific instructions for using it and if you don't follow them correctly you can break things on your computer. Be very careful using it.

After all the price for freedom is constant vigilance.

Yes there is an exploit for the authenticator - I understand MalwareBytes has a fix for it already. In any which case search for an "emcore.dll" file on your computer to confirm if you have it or not. Ask around on the CS forums or on worldofraids.com for particulars on how it works. It's pretty rare and specialized but still possible. This doesn't make authenticators useless however.

Here's a few useful links for you :

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...18909866&sid=1
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...02231244&sid=1
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)