View Single Post
07-03-10, 10:16 PM   #18
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I really appreciate the kind words and - more than you all know - the honest stories of other people that have had this happen to. Of course I feel terrible that you were violated, but it does soften the blow a bit - I am not the only one.

Called my brother today - sure enough - he was hacked as well a couple weeks ago - he is in the process of getting everything back now. He had much more lost - T10.5 on 4 characters and 10s of 1000s of gold.

I waited on the phone for about 25 minutes before getting someone live. They said since I had put a petition in-game that the issue was escalated which is all he had the power to do. He was very polite and said he had helped 100s of people with the same problem in the last several DAYS.

I am now at the mercy of Blizzard - waiting for an email.

My brother's experience was 1st the accounts and characters came back. Then he had to petition for his gear which he is waiting for on 1 account, his other account everything came back in mail.

So I wait. I still have 1 account I can play on. Started a character and will just wait.

Authenticator will arrive next week - that seems to be the key to protection - if you do not have one - GET ONE. You cannot hide from the scammers forever.

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."