View Single Post
07-02-10, 10:15 PM   #1
wellbeing
A Cliff Giant
Question Aura Filter list from notepad?

Hey all..

Firstly, i'm new to RDX.. so keep that in mind.

I've made several windows with separate unitframes to place around my player unitframe for different types of buffs/debuffs.

that is.. i want to see my castable raid buffs in one buff window, important debuffs in the second buff window and all other buffs/debuffs in their own windows.

ive gotten that to work perfectly.

my new problem is.. i'd like to have a more efficient method of creating these lists. i understand the @magic command and can use that.. but that will result in dual reporting of buffs.. (ie kings will show up in the "raid buffs i can cast" window as well as in the "all other buffs" window) this leaves me to use the exclude command in the "all other buffs" window for each of the buffs that can be shown in the "raid buffs i can cast" window. tedious, indeed.

is it possible to import txt files as the aura filter lists for use in unitframes?

i understand that once i type out all the specific buffs and the exclude buffs for the filter lists one time, i wont have to do it again, and am not afraid to do that, however, i want to share this desktop with guildies and need to create filters for all other classes... and the buffs that they may consider priority. that could take a while if i have to type them in one by one instead of utilizing word processing.