View Single Post
05-11-10, 02:47 PM   #8
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Why is it when I use the Multiquote option I hear "M-m-m-m-m-multishot!!!" from a famous FPS in my head ? Must be 'cause of that sound effects addon I got a few years back (Comix I think it was ... plays sound effects and puts funny graphics on screen when you crit)

Anyways rambling now onwards :)

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
We all have our separate servers and admins, just most likely they will move to the same datacenter. MMOUI, ZAM & Wowhead have been kept separate all this time not sure why you'd think that would change.

Thank you for this Dolby. I knew you guys weren't silly and would all have seperate servers but it's nice to hear some confirmation instead of assuming :)

Originally Posted by devomorph View Post
We take users' security very seriously, though, so we decided to go ahead and upgrade to VBB4 at that point. That's why the site went down for a couple days.

Anyway, we're all very glad to be joining the team and very much looking forward to the future as part of the ZAM network!

--Lore
Thank you for this confirmation Lore. I'm glad to hear you do take your users security seriously.

I was just a bit scared for you guys given the ugly rumors going around about wowstead being hacked. For the record that was just their server going down and a subsequent badly needed hardware upgrade that got twisted into an ugly rumor.

I'm so glad all you guys are so up front with this sort of information - it goes a long way to assuring your users :)

(::) (::) Cookies to Dolby and Lore ! (oh and the other hardworking admins)

I would give Cake but I don't know how to make that....
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)