Thread: Chat Windows
View Single Post
03-19-10, 03:58 PM   #9
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sorry, let me explain further. I have 3 different chat plugins I wrote.

nUI_InfoPanel_GuildChat - Holds guild related chat messages by default. On login it will reset the channels and set up guild messages by default.

nUI_InfoPanel_Whispers - Holds whisper related chat messages by default. On login it will reset the channels and set up whisper ones only.

nUI_InfoPanel_Chat - Acts like a second chat window and will keep the changes you make when adding channels and stuff.

So,

If you want a second chat window to store all your chats ( although not in separate tabs quite yet as I haven't figured out how that works ) then you might want to try the Chat version.

If you want to have separate guild and whisper messages then download the Whispers and GuildChat versions which will each have a separate infopanel to hold their chats in.

Bear in mind though that where these addons create new chat frames if you turn them off before removing the frames ( I added that feature to the addons in question ) you will end up with floating frames. Just drag them to the main chat frame to dock them or remove them manually.

I'm trying to find another way to handle this and so far the only way I can think of is to kill the frames on log out and recreate them on login. So that will be one of my next changes to those addons when I finish with my current task.

However, the actual idea you are thinking of is something like WiM which I know Scott wants to add at some point into nUI.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

Last edited by Xrystal : 03-19-10 at 04:03 PM.