View Single Post
01-23-10, 03:31 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Crupt View Post
Hello, I'm using a chat addon that logs each of my chat channels I have joined, so if i go afk I can come back and see if I got any whispers or anything important in guild chat. It is very useful, except for the fact each time I log into wow carbonite joins all these random custom chat channels which are also logged. How do I disable carbonite from doing that? I dont want to join all these random Crbz403013 channels.
I believe those "Crbz" channels are created by Carbonite, and are used for "addon chatter" between Carbonite users Carbonite installations. Depending on which chat addon you are using (and if you don't use Carbonite, of course) just tell it to ignore those channels. I think you might even be able to do this in the default chat options panel ("o" key, "Chat" tab, or right click the "general" tab and then "settings"). You could also, possibly, just tell it not to log those channels.

Alternatively, you could make two new chat windows called "Guild" and "Whisper" (or whatever) and have them listen to only those respective channels. Just right click the "General" tab and then "Create New Window". Since the default chat interface is "tabbed", I am assuming your chat mod doesn't interfere with that ability, so you can just leave them "stacked" with the regular tabs (after you drag them there, of course) and check them when you return, or you can put them anywhere on your screen you wish to.

Just an idea.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 01-23-10 at 03:34 PM.