View Single Post
11-03-09, 05:42 AM   #63
wurmfood
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Republic View Post
As it can be legitimately claimed that adjusting the volume on your car radio can be as much of a distraction as texting while driving (I mean, an accident can occur at any split second of driving time), how would such legislation be enforced? I'd like for you to lay out the complete picture on this new set of rules and legislation you seem to support. Help me understand how these things are determined, enforced, and penalized.
Avoiding most of it, but I'd like to point out that for a number of years now many car manufacturers have been putting basic stereo controls (including volume control) on the steering wheel to prevent people from having to remove their hands from the wheel.

To the earlier comments about paying more attention to the phone, from my experience it'd guess a lot of that has to do with the difficulty of hearing someone over the phone as opposed to next to you. Most headsets (and cell phones in general) are low power and only in one ear. Any other noise then distorts how well you can hear the person on the phone requiring you to pay more attention to what they're saying to be able to fully listen. If someone is next to you the sound quality is much better and brought in through both ears, allowing for less concentration to be needed.