View Single Post
07-02-09, 02:44 AM   #56
nonameform
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
It went off-topic at post #5 where word "borrow" was first introduced to the thread. Kind of hard to resist not to continue the trend at post #51.

And I can't say that word was used out of context, since after reading "Quest creatures and objects will now show on the player's world map" I keep thinking that Blizzard is trying to introduce QuestHelper functionality into standard UI. We have already seen tooltips that show for which quest you need to kill mob/collect item, so the next step was to remove need for addons that will also tell you where exactly those mobs/items can be found in the world. Don't know how good it will be implemented, but still it's a step for UI and might help new players get their quests done faster.

Most of those UI changes make me think of some addons that already have those functions, so I don't really understand why discussing "borrowing" is off-topic. What else to discuss here?

Those new UI commands might be very useful for addon authors, but this topic is in general discussion and I'm not an addon author. Can't really care less about them. Excited about the changes to UI as a simple WoW user, want to see them in action.