View Single Post
05-11-09, 03:56 PM   #51
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Apraxia View Post
It was nearly two weeks ago something 'in the works' was announced that would be exclusive to those who have supported. So naturally lack of response from you guys built up a bit of hype and then well.... we got this.

I guess what I don't understand then is if it was so simple to put together and it's purpose is to help you streamline and prioritize feature implementations then why the two week build up? IMO should of thrown it out there some time ago then sounds like it's more a productivity tool.
If you look at our website now, you will see the background image, border, Sign In and Sign Up are gone. That is because it is a whole new website that I put together myself from content on the old website. We wanted to move our website, because the old hosting was costing $850 a month. The new hosting of a simpler non e-commerce website is a mere $10 a month. We could not add the voting page to the old website. We did not have that type of control. The website switch had to be done first before the voting page was made public, which is what took a fair amount of time.

Originally Posted by Apraxia View Post
Also, if you guys are currently working on the next release and even close enough to put that 'hoped to have it out on xx day' label on it, why the secrecy? I think I'd of shut the hell up a few posts ago and not said anything at all if I had a bit of that info sooner.
Not secrecy, but simply being conservative with announcing dates. I thought it was going to be out last week, but if we had said so, then people would be complaining that we didn't release it like we said. My grandmother's death on Wednesday, family coming into town, wake, funeral and family leaving was certainly not something I was expecting to happen at the beginning of last week as we were preparing to launch the new website and finish the new version. The website did launch on Thursday, but I was very busy Friday through Sunday and much of today. The new version needs some more testing and I may get it out late tonight.