View Single Post
05-10-09, 02:12 AM   #4
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Saturday 9 May

My guild is SOOO close to taking down Yogg-Saron on 25-man! But don't worry, I'm not getting too distracted. In fact, a lot of work got done today on various improvements and bug fixes.

I would like to stress to anyone that reads up on these updates that the beta will not be in an optimized state. It may run sluggish for some. As we progress through to the official release, optimizations and tweaks will be put in place to help it out. Still, there was an optimization done today that I think helped a lot.

Today's big fixes included:
  • Fixing an issue where certain passwords could never be used to log in as premium
  • Adjusting the WoWI module such that it no longer attempts to create an HTTP client for every addon. Instead, 5 clients are now shared (I might make this user configurable). This slows down the processing of updates slightly, but has significant benefits for usabilty. Instead of getting 20 updates at 1KB/sec, you get 4 sets of 5 updates at 4KB/sec, for example. Overall I think this makes for a better experience.
  • Improved addon heuristics slightly for version numbers

In addition to that, Dolby and I spent a lot of time getting our new bug tracker site up and running. It should be opened up soon so you can see the roadmap to beta and beyond.

Commit logs follow:
Code:
Revision: 196
Author: mpdelbuono
Date: 9:05:04 PM, Saturday, May 09, 2009
Improved performance by creating a pool of HttpClient and Protocol objects and synchronizing their access, instead of letting every thread have their own HttpClient
----
Modified : /trunk/mmoimgr/src/com/mmoui/manager/Log.java
Modified : /trunk/mmoimgr/src/com/mmoui/manager/Main.java
Modified : /trunk/mmoimgr/src/com/mmoui/manager/UpdateData.java
Modified : /trunk/wowi/src/com/mmoui/wow/manager/Addon.java
Modified : /trunk/wowi/src/com/mmoui/wow/manager/InterfaceList.java
Modified : /trunk/wowi/src/com/mmoui/wow/manager/MmouiSocketFactory.java
Modified : /trunk/wowi/src/com/mmoui/wow/manager/NewsService.java
Modified : /trunk/wowi/src/com/mmoui/wow/manager/Service.java

Revision: 195
Date: 5:27:32 PM, Saturday, May 09, 2009
Fixed an issue where users with specific passwords would have their hash drop certain characters resulting in an incorrect hash (both in size and value)
----
Modified : /trunk/mmoimgr/src/com/mmoui/manager/SystemConfiguration.java

Revision: 194
Date: 5:11:08 PM, Saturday, May 09, 2009
Fixed an issue where having no modules installed would cause the AWT thread to crash
----
Modified : /trunk/mmoimgr/src/com/mmoui/manager/ServiceTabPane.java

Revision: 193
Date: 4:35:27 PM, Saturday, May 09, 2009
Improved addon heuristics by ignoring the leading "v" in a version number if present
----
Modified : /trunk/wowi/src/com/mmoui/wow/manager/Addon.java
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/