View Single Post
05-09-09, 09:52 AM   #16
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I said "I have always manually updated my addons and will continue to do so.", which in reality actually takes very little time, because I only do it once every 2 or 3 months. Usually when Blizzard releases a patch that breaks one of them. As honem said, you do not have to constantly be updating addons. I have updated addons and had them working worse than before due to a new bug. If it is not broke, then why mess with it.

I use Auctioneer. I do not know if they put out a new version. When a patch breaks it or I notice a feature not working the way I want, I go to their website and see if a newer version is available. When I get it working again, I go about my business and do not even think about getting a newer version.

I still have not updated CT Mod, since the 2 parts of it I use continue to work by clicking "Load out of date" AddOns". Someday I will grab a new one from their website, but not today.

When we release a new Carbonite version it is for a good reason. Almost every version has at least one bug fix. We do not change the color of something and throw out a new one, since we do not want people getting update messages for trivial reasons.