View Single Post
04-07-09, 10:14 AM   #11
Din
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Haavok View Post
Once again, you are entitled to your opinion and I disagree. We have released code which we believe is in full compliance with the current UI policy. Until the policy is revised to include specific rules for coding standards and documentation it will stay in this form.

Carbonite was released in this form strictly to comply with the new UI policy; it was not released to be some kind of coding resource for other addon developers.

If an addon developer would like to hook into Carbonite in some way, we will do our best to provide them with an API/information to do so (as we have done in the past).
I'm quite sure the policy adequately forbids what you have done already, so it needs no "revision". As for forcing your code standards up, of course, it would actually take you less effort to comply than not to comply, since all you'd have to do is omit the step where the source is run through the obfuscator before you zip it up.

Regardless, fine, you'll continue to play chicken with Blizzard. I don't think an arms race of sorts here is particularly healthy for anyone however. Frankly what surprised me most was that WoWI was featuring so prominently an addon which was in violation of Blizzard policy.