View Single Post
03-22-09, 09:17 AM   #224
Slakah
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
But why is it sooooo evil if someone who spends hours making a mod that enhances the game while not effecting the game
Why do you presume that I think asking for donations is evil? (Infact Blizzard has said that addons are allowed to ask for donations, just not in their game) I just don't understand why people are getting so up in arms about Blizzards right to block addons which don't follow their new rules. There could be many reasons why this policy has been created (including protecting themselves from rabid users complaining "I bought this mod", but they've run away with my money) , and I for one will be waiting for Blizzards response before jumping to any conclusions.

or violating any of the rules
So what happens if these rules are added to EULA/TOS.

Also so everyone can try and get their facts straight I would read http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...64748310&sid=1.

As a final point, in my opinion Blizzard is clearly NOT claiming ownership of your addons, and I doubt they would be able to claim so anyway. All they are saying is they reserve the right to block your addon from working in their game. This does NOT mean they own your addon, your IP are NOT being trampled on.

Last edited by Slakah : 03-22-09 at 09:25 AM.