View Single Post
10-17-08, 06:54 PM   #59
cowboyathome
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I second this thought.

Originally Posted by Mixsae View Post
Count me in for Construction/Architecture...however, I've been picking apart Mazzle for the past few days -- so I would violate a corporate "clean room" scenario if that's what this comes to.

As for patching Mazzle -- a friend of mine and I were talking about this on two sides of the same fence. He thought it made sense to ignore Mazzle at first and find out which of the add-ons works, which don't and is being replaced and which is DOA. My thought was to download Mazzle core and fix it first and then add add-ons. Don't know which way works best -- I think they both have things to say for them...

If Mazzle can be fixed in a reasonable amount of time, that would be the best use of our time...however, we're not going to know if it can be fixed until we try to fix it, which means we could put all this time into the interface only to find out it can't be easily patched. Not sure about that.

While I am positive we all respect Mazzle's wishes on not using his code, perhaps we could hire him on as a consultant (still not using his code) to help us when we get stuck?

On a different topic altogether, I highly recommend the "World of Warcraft Programming" book by James Whitehead II, Bryan McLemore and Matthew Orlando, published by Wiley. I learned more by reading the first few chapters than I have in the last 4 days...

There is also a companion website which looks really good and updates the book to include changes in 3.0.2 (I think).