WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The "Perfect" Action Bar Border. (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37127)

Yooya 11-27-10 11:32 PM

The "Perfect" Action Bar Border.

Hello,

I'm looking to get the perfect 1px action bar border. Currently I'm using rActionBarStyler and rActionButtonStyler (Luna). This gives me that perfect border, but I need to use a size of ~36 to get the perfect look, when I'm looking for something smaller

Any helping me here?

jeffy162 11-28-10 12:02 AM

You might try Button Facade with ButtonFacade: PixelSkin.

v6o 11-28-10 05:07 AM

When you mention perfect 1px borders you should turn off ui scaling, if you use it, and let WoW handle the scale for you (1:1 px)

If that's not something you would like you could always try moving the action bars pixel by pixel and see if you can find a location where the pixels are not smeared.

Haleth 11-28-10 06:11 AM

I use seperate frames for each button and add a backdrop to those with border size 1 / action bar scale. Perhaps not the most efficient but I found it's the only way to get a proper 1-pixel border.

Zagrei 11-28-10 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haleth (Post 220253)
I use seperate frames for each button and add a backdrop to those with border size 1 / action bar scale. Perhaps not the most efficient but I found it's the only way to get a proper 1-pixel border.

That must take a while to set up :o If I had time, I would do that... maybe I could borrow your code? It's in FreeUI, I assume.

Haleth 11-28-10 12:33 PM

It's handled by code, I didn't actually write out individual frames for each button (though I could, it'd be mainly copy-paste, but it'd be way too much code).

It's in my UI, just a bit I added into a modded rActionButtonStyler.

Yooya 11-28-10 11:42 PM

Thanks for the help guys. I'm definitely going to look at one you've done Haleth, and see if I can reproduce it myself. If I can't, that sucks, but I got a nice look without action bars and I don't exactly need them as long as I have a way to track cool downs without it - which I do.

I'll throw a little link down here to show (the UF is an oUF_P3lim edit) what I'm working on. Just 'cause I can.

Zagrei 11-28-10 11:53 PM

I got it working perfectly, thanks Haleth! :D Had to change the UI around a bit to accomodate, but the changes were for the better, anyway :)

Yooya 11-29-10 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zagrei (Post 220461)
I got it working perfectly, thanks Haleth! :D Had to change the UI around a bit to accomodate, but the changes were for the better, anyway :)

I couldn't get it. Would you mind doing just an upload of your action bars for me Zagrei? I'm a bit new to all of this and it would be a big help.

Zagrei 11-29-10 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yooya (Post 220645)
I couldn't get it. Would you mind doing just an upload of your action bars for me Zagrei? I'm a bit new to all of this and it would be a big help.

I use Dominos, first of all. Second, I had to do some LUA editing to get it to work, such as removing all of the FreeUI calls (fonts, textures, etc), and replacing them with my own. Then, I also had to change a but of the scaling that Haleth uses, because when I scaled Dominos around, it wouldn't be pixel perfect anymore.

Honestly, other than that, I just copied-and-pasted Haleth's code, made those modifications, and it works like a charm. :)

aiikachi 01-03-11 02:48 PM

Forgive me for necro-ing this thread, but I have been trying to modify Haleths code all day to also work on Class/Shapeshift bars to no avail--is there some way to do this, and I am just failing miserably at it?

Karudon 01-03-11 08:49 PM

use instead of textures backdrops, its 100% pixelperfect

aiikachi 01-04-11 07:54 PM

Well, I managed to do what I wanted...but now my concern seems to be a memory leak. Memory is an issue for me sooo...Is there any other events I can register or whatnot to make this work without my memory going up constantly?