WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   Quest Givers - Please Go Away! (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52514)

AnthonyK 07-18-15 12:02 AM

Quest Givers - Please Go Away!

So, I clicked something and it's showing where all the quest givers are. I mean even the quests i've done already. Just basically the location of every quest giver there is. Please for the love of god, remind my old addled brain where that option was? I literally clicked it and realized.. no I don't want that, and couldn't find out how to turn it back off. Any ideas?

Thrumbar 07-18-15 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyK (Post 309856)
So, I clicked something and it's showing where all the quest givers are. I mean even the quests i've done already. Just basically the location of every quest giver there is. Please for the love of god, remind my old addled brain where that option was? I literally clicked it and realized.. no I don't want that, and couldn't find out how to turn it back off. Any ideas?

What other addons are you using ??? Please provide a list if you are using any others as some list the quest you do and put a ! at their loc on the map.

Thrumbar :banana:

Kreelor 07-18-15 06:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I can't get it to work either. I attached a picture to this post to hopefully show AnthonyK where the 'switch' is located in Carbonite. However, for me, the 'switch' doesn't perform any action. I can't even "Show" the Quest Givers. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

By the way, I do NOT have Carbonite's Quest module installed.
I do have Carbonite Maps, Auctioneer addon, PetJournal Enhanced and Pet Teams installed.

I'm beginning to wonder if this issue is related to another issue where herbs and mining nodes DO NOT SHOW UP when mousing over the Zone in which my character is in. They vanish and on rare occasion, they show up again briefly. This is happening to me in the Pandaria map zones.

AnthonyK 07-18-15 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreelor (Post 309861)
I can't get it to work either. I attached a picture to this post to hopefully show AnthonyK where the 'switch' is located in Carbonite. However, for me, the 'switch' doesn't perform any action. I can't even "Show" the Quest Givers. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

I do have Carbonite Maps, Auctioneer addon, PetJournal Enhanced and Pet Teams installed.

That's not where I turned it on Kreelor. I've used what your looking at and that's used to find stuff previously visited. I do have the quest module installed. I'm pretty sure that's how i turned it on. I swore it was from one of the arrows in the quest tracker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrumbar (Post 309857)
What other addons are you using ??? Please provide a list if you are using any others as some list the quest you do and put a ! at their loc on the map.

Thrumbar :banana:

I have all the carbonite modules installed.. I'm pretty sure carbonite is the issue somewhere, because if i disable Carbonite, my default minimap and map does not show the quest givers.

EDIT: It's definitely something in the Quest Module, cuz if I disable it, no "!" appear all over my map at already finished quests. LoL! Now if i could just figure out where. I'm almost positive it was up on the arrows of the quest log to turn them on, but to turn it back off... I don't know.

AnthonyK 07-18-15 09:35 AM

Issue Solved

So, I figured out what I did... I thought I had right clicked somewhere and brought up a menu,, but apparently not...

On the quest tracker there are 4 little buttons.. a green, pink, yellow, and white. The yellow one was the culprit. Much thanks to my best friend who i turned on to carbonite years ago for helping me figure it out....

(two year breaks from the game are not good, so don't quit playing, ever! lol!)

Kreelor 07-18-15 09:42 AM

Hmmm? Well, in the image I showed earlier, it does say "Quest Givers." Further down that same list it says "Visited Vendors." However, you are probably correct that what you are looking for is tied-in somehow with the Carbonite Quest module. At least, I hope it is for your sake. Maybe your problem can be solved? I just can't figure out why I can't turn on then turn off "Quest Givers" since it appears that I'm doing it in the right place and properly. Oh, well. I tried to help you. heh heh.

Kreelor 07-18-15 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyK (Post 309865)
So, I figured out what I did... I thought I had right clicked somewhere and brought up a menu,, but apparently not...

On the quest tracker there are 4 little buttons.. a green, pink, yellow, and white. The yellow one was the culprit. Much thanks to my best friend who i turned on to carbonite years ago for helping me figure it out....

(two year breaks from the game are not good, so don't quit playing, ever! lol!)

I'm glad you got it figured out. BTW... I missed the post you made (quoted above) before I replied last time. Sorry! Now that you mentioned the colored buttons, I remembered that I used to do it that way myself a long time ago. I haven't used Carbonite's Quest module since I've been struggling to use Zygor's messed up Leveling Guide. They refuse to update what I paid for unless I spend more money and buy the WoD Guide from them. I shouldn't have to. I don't use Blizzard's WoD expansion. I paid Zygor for their Mists of Pandaria Guide and it should work with Blizzard's Mist of Pandaria (which I purchased from Blizzard). Zygor has tons of problems they refuse to fix, so I'm not giving them any more money.

Snuffsis 07-19-15 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreelor (Post 309861)

I'm beginning to wonder if this issue is related to another issue where herbs and mining nodes DO NOT SHOW UP when mousing over the Zone in which my character is in. They vanish and on rare occasion, they show up again briefly. This is happening to me in the Pandaria map zones.

I have this same problem, and I do have the Quests module.

It is the latest version, I have tried it with only carbonite activated, only maps and quests and so on. Still no quests will show up on the map. It is quite annoying, since I want to use carbonite to do all the quests in-game.

jeffy162 07-19-15 05:32 PM

On the Quest Watch header there are four colored buttons. If you want the quests to show up on the map you must have the first of the buttons, the green one, lit up and BRIGHT GREEN. There will be no quests on the Carbonite map without this. Just click on the button to change its' state.

There is a plain text file in the \Carbonite\Docs folder in your AddOns folder that explains the colored buttons on the Quest Watch header, and some other things about Carbonite, called "CarboniteReadMe".txt. It might be good for you to read through it. It is an old file and not all of it is relevant any more, but some of it is still good.

Kreelor 07-19-15 07:11 PM

Jeffy162 -- You are talking about quests (maybe the colored 'blob areas' on the maps?) and we have been talking about Quest Givers (icons) showing/not showing on the maps. So far, it appears that the only way to get Quest Givers icons to show on the map is to have the Carbonite Quest module installed, then click the appropriate (yellow) button.

But, that doesn't explain why Quest Givers (icons) don't work when highlighting that particular Carbonite Guide "?" Option (as per my image posted earlier). Why is it an Option if it doesn't do anything? I thought it should display Quest Givers (icons) whether I had the Carbonite Quest module installed or not. Do you have any thoughts on that?

jeffy162 07-19-15 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreelor (Post 309888)
Jeffy162 -- You are talking about quests (maybe the colored 'blob areas' on the maps?) and we have been talking about Quest Givers (icons) showing/not showing on the maps. So far, it appears that the only way to get Quest Givers icons to show on the map is to have the Carbonite Quest module installed, then click the appropriate (yellow) button.

Yes, that is what the rest of the thread is about, but my post was in answer to this post (post #8):
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snuffsis (Post 309884)
I have this same problem, and I do have the Quests module.

It is the latest version, I have tried it with only carbonite activated, only maps and quests and so on. Still no quests will show up on the map. It is quite annoying, since I want to use carbonite to do all the quests in-game.

(I made the relevant part of the post bold.)
You will notice that the poster did not mention quest givers, merely "quests ... on the map". Hence, my answer.

As far as the Guide goes, I don't know how long the "Quest Givers" heading has been in there. I don't use it that often (probably only around 5 or 6 times in the seven years I've played WoW) but I don't remember seeing it before. That doesn't mean it wasn't there, I just do not remember seeing it (please see my signature for the reason :o). But after checking it out, I can tell you that it doesn't do anything. Nothing. I suppose it's a "place holder" for later, maybe.

Kreelor 07-19-15 10:49 PM

Well, I guess both you and Snuffsis got off topic a little bit. You weren't specific about who you were replying to. Obviously, there are more issues involved here with Quest Givers icons (in a couple of places) and the Carbonite Quest "Watch" module than what the OP asked about -- which was only about Quest Givers icons.

I also noticed that you avoided answering my question, but you answered somebody's off-topic question. It was kind of you to help them but, I'd still like an answer to mine. I guess Rythal is the only one who can answer with expertise but, that probably won't happen. I'm done here. There are other more important 'broken' things in Carbonite Maps (Main module) that I rather have resolved. That's a wish and NOT a demand.

jeffy162 07-19-15 11:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well Kreelor you wanted an answer, so here it is.

There is only one place that I've found that will let you turn the quest giver icons on and off in Carbonite. Now, that doesn't mean, by any stretch of the imagination, that there is only one place, it means that I've only found one place to turn the icons on and off. That one place is the Quest Watch header. That means you have to have the Carbonite Quests module installed and active to turn the quest giver icons on and off.
Attachment 8606 On. Attachment 8607 Off.

Sorry 'bout the way this post sounds, Kreelor, but it's after 1 AM here. W - A - Y past my bed time. Sux to get old. :mad: :o :rolleyes:

Kreelor 07-19-15 11:23 PM

Jeffy162 -- Thanks for your reply. I understand exactly what you said, even though I still don't know why there's an Option in the Carbonite Guide to "supposedly" turn on/off the display of Quest Givers (and, it doesn't do anything!). I've given up on a specific answer to that. heh heh.

You wrote:
Quote:

Sorry 'bout the way this post sounds, Kreelor, but it's after 1 AM here. W - A - Y past my bed time. Sux to get old.
BTW, Jeffy162, I'm pretty sure that you have a long way to go before you get to my age. If I live another month and 1/2, I'll turn 70. It's not so bad getting older; it's bad getting older and having health issues too (which I have). If I come across as grumpy at times, maybe it has something to do with pain, medication interactions, etc. I hope and pray you are healthy and growing old happily!

Snuffsis 07-20-15 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffy162 (Post 309893)
Yes, that is what the rest of the thread is about, but my post was in answer to this post (post #8):
(I made the relevant part of the post bold.)
You will notice that the poster did not mention quest givers, merely "quests ... on the map". Hence, my answer.

As far as the Guide goes, I don't know how long the "Quest Givers" heading has been in there. I don't use it that often (probably only around 5 or 6 times in the seven years I've played WoW) but I don't remember seeing it before. That doesn't mean it wasn't there, I just do not remember seeing it (please see my signature for the reason :o). But after checking it out, I can tell you that it doesn't do anything. Nothing. I suppose it's a "place holder" for later, maybe.

I missed out a word in my post. It was actually meant to say that no quest givers show up. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Here is an image that will show that the quest module is installed, the yellow bubble is on (To show quest givers) and that lower level quest givers should be loaded, but nothing shows up, even though there is a quest giver with a quest for me to do.
http://i.imgur.com/a2fflMU.jpg

jeffy162 07-20-15 10:04 AM

3 Attachment(s)
@Snuffsis: You are NEVER going to be "watching" the quests unless you turn on the Purple button. Also, I don't know if you can get quest givers on the Carbonite map if the maps are not merged. I see that you use ElvUI (or one of it's edits that is really close) and that's what I use. But, I have the maps merged and everything works right.
Attachment 8609 Attachment 8610 Attachment 8611
Just click on the Picture for a bigger version. Might open in a new browser tab, or a new browser window. Careful, they're large. 1600 X 900.

@Kreelor: You're right, I'm not as old as you are. I'll be 62 in another month. But I led a rather ... interesting ... young age that saw me almost break several bones. But I got in trouble with my parents quite often. I'm in not the greatest health now, but, I've got my computer and I've got WoW (and Carbonite) so I'm doing OK. I "feel" you about the ache's and pain's of old age, but also about the health issues. I've got heart issues and other issues, but I'm hangin' in there. My love of local dirt track racing keeps me interested in living as long as I can. My kids don't hurt, either! ;) :D Even though I don't see them any more I still "talk" with them occasionally on the 'net. Well, I'm getting too wordy here, so I'm out.

AngelsPath 08-02-15 08:39 AM

Quest Tracking

I don't think this is a Carbonite issue. I believe it is part of the Blizz UI.
Check your tracking. (the magnifying glass map button). You might actually have tracking set for low level quests, and quests and Poi. unchecking or checking these should correct the issues.