WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Having trouble installing addons? (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14762)

Lėnette 07-13-10 12:57 PM

C: Users>public>games>World of Warcraft

That's what it looks like.

Seerah 07-13-10 01:05 PM

Then inside the Interface\AddOns folder in that directory there, you will install your addons the exact same way that you did on XP. :)

Lėnette 07-13-10 01:07 PM

Ooh. I see it now. Thank you very much. :D

Shawdaynelf 12-26-10 12:03 AM

I am having roubles maybe some sort of help

Ok so i have followed all of the rules to downloading carbonite once again I have had it for 2 years up until pre cata and I have windows vista it shows correctly in the folders but it isnt showing up when i open wow. None of my other addons are in the addons folder either but i also use curse client what is causing all of this non sense? and what can i do to get it to work PLEASE help me

Seerah 12-26-10 12:39 AM

Where is your WoW installed to (ie, where is your shortcut pointing to)?
Where are you installing your addons to?

If the answers to the above questions are the same, then search your computer for your AddOns folder. If you have WoW installed to Program Files, then this would be the problem since you're on Vista. Ever since the 3.0 expansion, the default install path for WoW has been to a different directory due to the permissions that it needs to use addons and save their configurations. You would have been asked to move it when updating.

CainusLorre 03-15-11 10:58 PM

Addon Installation

i have some addons i want to use but have no clue how or where to install them if anyone can help with this please email me or hit me on yahoo messanger Monmouthfire845m thanks foir anyones help

Nobgul 03-16-11 09:28 AM

You can check out our how to install addons F.A.Q here. http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f...em#faq_install

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Seerah 03-16-11 04:23 PM

I'm curious if you read the OP? ;)

Nobgul 03-16-11 05:50 PM

Sorry I should have pointed my response at CainusLorre, or atleast included the quote from the question they asked.

Seerah 03-16-11 07:18 PM

Heh, I guess I should have, too. ;)

I was just wondering if you, CainusLorre, had already attempted the guide in the OP of this thread (which also links to the guide that Nobgul pointed out). Or if there was something in particular that he needed assistance with after reading through it.

vanya 04-30-11 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 88637)
Two different UI compilations? The easiest way is to have two separate Interface and WTF folders, renaming them depending on which character you're using. But you'll have to completely exit the game when changing characters. The other way is to use different profiles in your mods for each character.

This, is my problem (I know the post is old, but it at least shows I read it)
My roommate and I share my computer sometimes, so they made their own WTF and Addons folders, my problem is when I log in, it is running their addons, and I dont know how to make it show mine??

ps-can't ask, sleeping

Seerah 04-30-11 12:49 PM

Exit the game and swap their folders out for your old ones.

Othgar 11-12-11 06:49 PM

Install Walkthrough

So, a guildie of mine just convinced me to upload a video of how to install addons from here. I figured I'd share it with everyone my system runs Windows 7 Pro so there may be some slight differences on other versions of Windows.

Youtube video

Noble-Rogue 02-20-14 05:34 PM

need my mods.

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all. i used to play WoW all he time b-4 MoP. but my pc did not meet the MoP graphics requirements. when i played i used Curse Client to get all of my add on's. now i have a newer pc that runs windows 7. the problem is that Curse wont run once it is loaded. there is an issue while down loading and Curse is crappy when it comes to answering their tickets. i had one for 4 weeks without any response. so now i here. i have down loaded the Titan Panel. i have unzipped it using the built in extraction program on windows 7. and i have been sure to have it in the right file. please help me out here. ty in advance for any info yall can give.

Noble-Rogue 02-20-14 06:00 PM

figured it out.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noble-Rogue (Post 290971)
Hi all. i used to play WoW all he time b-4 MoP. but my pc did not meet the MoP graphics requirements. when i played i used Curse Client to get all of my add on's. now i have a newer pc that runs windows 7. the problem is that Curse wont run once it is loaded. there is an issue while down loading and Curse is crappy when it comes to answering their tickets. i had one for 4 weeks without any response. so now i here. i have down loaded the Titan Panel. i have unzipped it using the built in extraction program on windows 7. and i have been sure to have it in the right file. please help me out here. ty in advance for any info yall can give.

i was opening and extracting from the add on's file. i fixed my issue by SAVING NOT OPENING to the downloads file then from there i extracted it straight to the add on's file. ty everyone

Seerah 02-20-14 08:11 PM

Glad you sorted it out. :) Just in case you run into this problem in the future, the method used for extraction in your screenshot created a new folder named after the .zip file to put the contents of the .zip file into. If you looked inside there, you would have seen a normal TitanPanel folder, which you could have just pulled out to the Addons directory.

Lexodus 08-13-16 03:48 PM

Gnome Sequencer Enhanced

Hi all, I've just started trying out Gnome Sequencer Enhanced on Mac (El Capitan) and I have followed all of the steps on the installation help page, but it isn't showing up in the list of add ons when I open the WoW game client. I was first trying out Gnome Sequencer (not enhanced) and managed to install it but deleted it when I found GS-E, do I need GS installed to have GS-E or are they standalone? If they are dependant, what should my path look like - applications/World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons/GnomeSequencer/GS_E ?

Phanx 08-13-16 08:24 PM

Separate addons are installed separately. If AddonB depends on AddonA, your installation should look like this:

AddOns
... AddonA
... AddonB

and not like this:

AddOns
... AddonB
....... AddonA

In the latter case, WoW will not be aware of AddonA, so it won't load AddonB either.

Ging 08-31-19 02:22 PM

Mac Details! Classic AddOn Help Needed

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I attached a screenshot of my path. I am a new Mac user so I hope this gives you a great idea of where I am struggling. I am trying to add the Details! Classic Damage Meter but I believe my pathing is all messed up. I checked and double checked that I do not have two paths to Wow and I read through these instructions very throughly as to not have to ask for help but I have now spent about 24 hours on this and I am calling for reinforcements. Can you please assist?

Thank you,
Tyler

Seerah 08-31-19 02:48 PM

It looks like you might have folder-in-folder syndrome, as detailed in this thread. But I'm not entirely sure, as your screenshot doesn't show what's inside that DetailsClassic folder. (Hint: The folder name for the addon should just be called Details and is already named that way.)