WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Cartographer replacement(s) (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21051)

Spectro 03-11-09 11:16 PM

Cartographer replacement(s)

I just found out Cartographer is dead, so I need a replacement or replacements since Cartographer had so many different features. Any suggestions?

tinyu 03-11-09 11:24 PM

Carbonite Quest

Torhal 03-11-09 11:28 PM

Mapster + HandyNotes + TomTom.

HandyNotes also has various plugins available.

Dainton 03-11-09 11:41 PM

In addition to what Torhal said, Cromulent is great for adding the zone info that Cartographer did.

Cairenn 03-11-09 11:43 PM

Others to consider are AlphaMap or Atlas

Seerah 03-11-09 11:53 PM

Yeah, it all depends on what Cartographer features/plugins you actually used.

kasca 03-12-09 04:41 AM

Please tell me i just switched to a dead mod. This was and is SOOOO much better than alpha map. All the others hav so little you need extra mods.
:eek::mad::(

EnjoyRC 03-12-09 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectro (Post 119879)
I just found out Cartographer is dead, so I need a replacement or replacements since Cartographer had so many different features. Any suggestions?

Where did you hear this? I can't find it anywhere... not even the primary Cartographer project site.

Opaque 03-12-09 07:28 AM

Cartographer isn't dead... I'm a subscriber to the full featured version and there was just an update like a day or two ago. What makes you think it died?

Darxon 03-12-09 08:48 AM

Carthographer3 isnt supported, BUT carthgrapher2 is updated .
I think thats the case :)

techsgtchen 03-12-09 10:20 AM

Does he mean Cartographer 3? if so, is it dead? I just looked into it, but as it is now, I think I am happy with Carbonite enough to avoid the trouble of trying to get old C3 files to work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opaque (Post 119905)
Cartographer isn't dead... I'm a subscriber to the full featured version and there was just an update like a day or two ago. What makes you think it died?

I think you are confusing Cartographer and Carbonite.

EnjoyRC 03-12-09 11:32 AM

Cartographer 2.4 is awesome. No problems with it at all.
Still supported and updated...
Updated = 1 Mar 2009
Version = r2305

Kagaro 03-12-09 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torhal (Post 119881)
Mapster + HandyNotes + TomTom.

HandyNotes also has various plugins available.

You forgot to add GatherMate to that list :P

Spectro 03-12-09 12:42 PM

http://forums.wowace.com/showthread.php?t=15653

That thread actually gave me some replacement suggestions, but since I just started posting here (actually joined.. quite a while ago :P) I thought I'd make a thread of my own.

I thought maybe that Cartographer2 was just not being updated here so I went to check on its status on Wowace..

Thanks, though. I'm using the Mapster + HandyNotes + tomtom combo. I only wish they were all uploaded on this website so I don't have to 'shop around'.

Torhal 03-12-09 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kagaro (Post 119937)
You forgot to add GatherMate to that list :P

I forgot there was a Cartographer gathering plugin, or I would have. Hell, I forgot to add Cromulent :)

Torhal 03-12-09 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darxon (Post 119910)
Carthographer3 isnt supported, BUT carthgrapher2 is updated .
I think thats the case :)

Cartographer2 is, for all intents and purposes, dead. It's being held together with band-aids, mostly by Arrowmaster - who is himself fond of saying that Cart2 is dead. The biggest reason why is because it uses the Rock framework, which ckknight no longer maintains.

Sepioth 03-12-09 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opaque (Post 119905)

Cartographer has a subscription system .. since when?? I know it's been a year or so since I last used it just didn't know they did that.

Or did you mean that CARBONITE was updated cause THAT is a subscription based addon and was updated a few days ago.

Either way I switched to the FUll paid version of carbonite and love it .. great addon.

eomer 03-15-09 01:50 PM

I second the suggestion of Mapster + TomTom

Sythalin 03-16-09 01:16 PM

3rd for Mapster/TomTom/Gathermate.

Carbonite is pretty and sparkly, but the "beta" (read: free and constantly buggy) version gets updated pretty much only when there's enough whining for it. If you're willing to pay for a time-based subscription for a mod, then go for Carbonite.

If you're wallet's already hurting, then use the suggested alternatives.