WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Need help with setting some things up in rothUIs' lua files (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59035)

Gierschlund 02-02-22 08:12 AM

Need help with setting some things up in rothUIs' lua files

Hi,

I've posted this in rothUIs' comment section a couple of days ago but the author seems to use the forums irregularly so I'd like to post here too.

First of all, I have the issue of non-permanent buffs being displayed darkened and becoming normal (bright) as they expire, which is the opposite of how WoW's UI normally works. How do I change that?
I tried setting desaturateDebuffs to true in config.lua but that didn't do anything. Was something else meant by that?

Secondly, how do I disable roth UIs' raid frames and use the default ones instead? I tried disabling roth UIs' by putting ## in front of embeds\rRaidManager\rManager.xml in Roth_UI.toc
After that didn't work I put ## in front of units\raid.lua
It disabled rothUIs' raid frames but also the ones from Blizzard as well as group frames.
Same result when setting
Code:

--RAID
    raid = {
      show = false,

in config.lua

Lastly, I'm unable to filter auras in non-raid-combat.
I tried blacklisting Mind flail like this:
Code:

auras = {
        blacklist = {
            --these are abilities that should definetly not be shown
            15407,  -- mind flail
            },
        doNotUseCustomFilter = false,
        },
    },

but it had no effect.

running version 2.9.3 of rothUI

ty for your time

Dridzt 02-03-22 11:17 AM

I don't know where you set those options but the buffs alpha seems to be controlled by these 2 values modules/oUF_AuraWatch.lua#L250 missingAlpha and presentAlpha respectively with defaults of fully opaque for present and 3/4 opaque for missing.

So if there's configuration entries for the AuraWatch module I'd look for those options there.

The author is active on Github - though not on this particular project which seems to be abandoned - so you might have better luck creating an issue there.
It's possible they've stopped playing and have no interest in maintaining the project.

Gierschlund 02-08-22 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dridzt (Post 340261)
I don't know where you set those options but the buffs alpha seems to be controlled by these 2 values modules/oUF_AuraWatch.lua#L250 missingAlpha and presentAlpha respectively with defaults of fully opaque for present and 3/4 opaque for missing.

So if there's configuration entries for the AuraWatch module I'd look for those options there.

The author is active on Github - though not on this particular project which seems to be abandoned - so you might have better luck creating an issue there.
It's possible they've stopped playing and have no interest in maintaining the project.

Didn't work unfortunately. I tried swapping and also setting each of those variables to 0 or 1 to see if that had any effect and reloaded each time but it didn't do anything. I even tried to restart the game to see if that had any effect (although before a reload was enough to apply changes made to this addons' config file)

I was also swapping around some Hide with Show with no effect.

Code:

local function DefaultExpireIcon(watch, icon)
        if not icon.onlyShowPresent then
                if icon.cd then
                        icon.cd:Show()
                end
                if icon.count then
                        icon.count:SetText()
                end
                icon:SetAlpha(watch.missingAlpha)
                if icon.overlay then
                        icon.overlay:Show()
                end
                icon:Show()
                if watch.PostExpireIcon then watch.PostExpireIcon(watch, icon) end
        end
end

But at this point, there's more incomprehensible stuff on the file to me as a non-programmer than comprehensible stuff.

I'll try contacting the author on github.
Ty for the suggestions