WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   New tracking icons (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30751)

Koviko 02-17-10 06:32 PM

New tracking icons

The new tracking icons that have been injected into the mini-map to take place of the old, default tracking icons are a nice little touch. It makes the map look more like it's Carbonite only. My only problem with it is that the difference between a player and a NPC is whether the border around the icon is grey or yellow (respectively).

This makes it much more difficult to tell a player from an NPC, at first glance. Are these icons customizable or removable? I'd prefer some sort of customization ability, so that I could more clearly indicate when a player is in the area. Maybe the ability to change the colors of the different icon types?

SkOODaT 02-17-10 10:46 PM

i use blipster and it breaks that addon alltogeather i use it because i like to have ally ppl as green diamonds and hord as X's but with the recent upgrade carbs setting are overrideing that addon :S

SkOO~

carboniteaddon 02-18-10 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kovik (Post 178946)
My only problem with it is that the difference between a player and a NPC is whether the border around the icon is grey or yellow (respectively).
This makes it much more difficult to tell a player from an NPC, at first glance.

I can make them more distinct. I will put it on my todo list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kovik (Post 178946)
Are these icons customizable or removable? I'd prefer some sort of customization ability, so that I could more clearly indicate when a player is in the area. Maybe the ability to change the colors of the different icon types?

All minimap icons come from the same file. That is required by the game. We toggle between 2 files.
Carbonite\Gfx\Map\MMOIcons.tga
Carbonite\Gfx\Map\MMOIconsG.tga

You could edit those to be whatever you want. People could make new looks and put them as attachments to forum posts for others to use.

To disable, set "Minimap herb/ore dot glow delay (0 is off)" to 0 in the Map minimap options page.

Koviko 02-18-10 01:31 PM

I'm not sure if this is too much to ask, but would you be able to provide the vector graphics used in creating these icons? I'd like to make subtle color changes like the old mini-map had (players were basically a lighter green/red than NPCs), but without ruining the Carbonite "feel."

carboniteaddon 02-18-10 04:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I use GIMP from here:
http://www.gimp.org

They are all layers in a GIMP xcf file. I attached it as a zip file if you want to play with that.

Koviko 02-18-10 05:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you very much. I've never used GIMP before. Definitely Linux-style. I like it.

Anyway, I made the friendly player icon blue, and the enemy player icon blink with a slight red glow. Quick changes, so I could gt back into the game, but I like how they turned out. I've attached them in case anyone is interested in the changes. Just unzip the 2 *.tga files to Carbonite\Gfx\Map in the WoW Addons folder. You might wanna back up the current MMOIcons.tga and MMOIconsG.tga, first.

Spahut 02-20-10 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon (Post 179023)
All minimap icons come from the same file. That is required by the game.

Do you know what the orignal (first) blizzard file was called?

eqsanctum 02-21-10 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spahut (Post 179298)
Do you know what the orignal (first) blizzard file was called?

you can use an mpq viewer to see the name of the file

Spahut 02-21-10 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eqsanctum (Post 179412)
you can use an mpq viewer to see the name of the file

Yeah right - there must be more than 150000 files in those mpqs.

carboniteaddon 03-01-10 12:14 AM

Interface\Minimap\objecticons.blp

Spahut 03-01-10 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon (Post 180194)
Interface\Minimap\objecticons.blp

Thanks carbs! :)

Coolcarbs :D