Quantcast
Download
(504 Kb)
Download
Updated: 01-16-20 02:09 AM
Pictures
File Info
Compatibility:
Visions of N'Zoth (8.3.0)
Updated:01-16-20 02:09 AM
Created:08-09-16 12:56 PM
Downloads:19,748
Favorites:120
MD5:
Categories:Character Advancement, TradeSkill Mods
8.3.0

ls: Toasts  Popular! (More than 5000 hits)

Version: 80300.02
by: lightspark [More]

Replacement for the default alert system. Better toasts, cheers!




Options
Use /LSTOASTS or /LST to open in-game config.

Feedback and Feature Requests
If you found a bug or want to share an idea on how to improve my addon, either use the issue tracker on GitHub, or post a comment on WoWInterfrace or Curse.

Localisation
Feel free to add and/or review translations on Curse, alternatively, you may create a PR on project's GitHub page.

License
Please see LICENSE file.

Version 80300.02

- Fixed an issue where currency loss toasts were incorrectly treated and shown as gains.

Version 80300.01

- Added 8.3.0 support;
- Added support for corrupted items;
- Added BeautyCase-like skin;
- Gold toast's icon now has three states: copper, bronze, and gold;
- Updated Korean translation. Translated by [email protected];
- Misc bug fixes and tweaks.

NOTE: You'll have to restart WoW client to make things work after the update.

Version 80205.01

- Added 8.2.5 support;
- Moved all Blizz store-related toasts to their own group: Shop. Revamped Recruit-a-Friend rewards
will be handled by this group as well;
- Misc bug fixes and tweaks.

Version 80200.06

- Fixed "Artifact Fragment" currency spam in Ashran. If you encounter similar issues in the future
feel free to report them. There's a number of unusual currencies in the game that behave
differently from others, so manual adjustments are needed to handle them properly.

Version 80200.05

- Colour texts that indicate some sort of loss, i.e., "You Lost", "Appearance Removed", red;
- Updated Simplified Chinese translation. Translated by [email protected];
- Misc bug fixes and tweaks.

Version 80200.04

- Added an option to show currency losses. Disabled by default;
- Added fragment toasts to the "Archaeology" group;
- Updated Simplified Chinese translation. Translated by [email protected];
- Updated Traditional Chinese translation. Translated by [email protected]

Version 80200.03

- Re-added copper threshold to gold toasts;
- Made gold loss tracking optional. Enabling this feature will make gold toasts ignore set copper
threshold. Disabled by default;
- Updated German translation. Translated by [email protected];
- Updated Korean translation. Translated by [email protected];
- Updated Spanish translations. Translated by [email protected];
- Updated Traditional Chinese translation. Translated by [email protected]

Version 80200.02

- Rewrote gold toasts to display money gains and losses. Removed the copper threshold option
because it's interfering with the new functionality;
- Updated embeds.

Version 80200.01

- Added 8.2.0 support;
- Added Ctrl-Left-Click support to transmog, toy, mount, and item toasts to show the dressing room
frame;
- Updated embeds.

Version 80100.10

- Added "ToastCreated", "ToastSpawned", and "ToastReleased" callbacks. As always, callbacks use
CallbackHandler-1.0;
- Renamed toasts' Recycle method to Release. Recycle is still available, but is deprecated;
- Renamed "SetSkin" and "ResetSkin" callbacks to "SkinSet" and "SkinReset". "SetSkin" and
"ResetSkin" are still available, but are deprecated;
- Fixed toasts' border's tiling;
- Updated embeds.

Version 80100.09

- Updated anchors' config code.

Version 80100.08

- Added a workaround for a Blizz bug which prevents item tooltips from being rendered correctly.

Version 80100.07

- Added 8.1.5 support.

Version 80100.06

- Fixed an issue where multiple transmog toasts were shown for different sources of the same
appearance. It's mainly occurring when turning in the weekly conquest quest.

Version 80100.05

- Fixed an issue where world quest toasts wouldn't show the rewards;
- Tweaked achievement toasts. Added tooltips, guild achievements' toasts will now use "Guild
Achievement Earned" as their title;
- Updated German translation. Translated by [email protected];
- Updated Traditional Chinese translation. Translated by [email protected];
- Updated embeds.

Version 80100.04

- Added "SetSkin" and "ResetSkin" callbacks. Use these if you hooked my ApplySkin method to modify toasts'
appearance since ApplySkin no longer exists. Callbacks use CallbackHandler-1.0, so something like
`ls_Toasts[1].RegisterCallback({}, "SetSkin", function(callbackName, toast) end)` should do the trick;
- Updated Traditional Chinese translation. Translated by [email protected];
- Misc performance and memory optimisations.

Version 80100.03

- Added support for multiple toast anchors. Each anchor has its own growth, scale, and other
settings;
- Added options to adjust toast growth offsets.

Version 80100.02

- Improved compatibility with addons that modify chat messages which are used by common loot and
currency toasts.

Version 80100.01

- Added 8.1.0 support;
- Slightly reorganised in-game config;
- Fixed common loot toasts. Items created via professions and scrapping should be handled
correctly once again.

Version 80000.06

- Added "Default (Legacy)" and "ElvUI (Legacy)" skins that use old texture backgrounds;
- Updated Simplified Chinese translation. Translated by [email protected]

Version 80000.05

- Updated the default background texture. Retired all other backgrounds, but I'll eventually
redraw some of them in higher resolution;
- Updated included ElvUI skins;
- Updated Korean translation. Translated by [email protected]

Version 80000.04

- Reduced anchor frame's offsets to 4px. Now you can move toasts closer to the screen edge;
- Updated Simplified Chinese translation. Translated by [email protected];
- Updated Traditional Chinese translation. Translated by [email protected];
- Updated embeds.

Version 80000.03

- Fixed an issue where the addon would try to show a toast for an item whose data wasn't available.

Version 80000.02

- Updated Spanish translations. Translated by [email protected];
- Updated Traditional Chinese translation. Translated by [email protected];
- Updated embeds.

Version 80000.01

- Added 8.0.1 support;
- Added War Effort (BfA garrison) toasts;
- Added partial Latin American Spanish translation. Copied from Spanish;
- Updated German translation. Translated by [email protected];
- Updated French translation. Translated by [email protected];
- Updated embeds.
Archived Files (24)
File Name
Version
Size
Author
Date
80300.01
504kB
lightspark
01-15-20 05:55 AM
80205.01
496kB
lightspark
09-24-19 10:16 AM
80200.06
494kB
lightspark
08-27-19 12:47 AM
80200.05
494kB
lightspark
08-23-19 12:58 AM
80200.04
495kB
lightspark
08-17-19 11:16 PM
80200.03
493kB
lightspark
08-11-19 05:39 AM
80200.02
492kB
lightspark
08-09-19 12:04 AM
80200.01
492kB
lightspark
07-30-19 12:32 AM
80100.10
490kB
lightspark
06-04-19 10:38 PM
80100.09
491kB
lightspark
03-16-19 12:07 PM
80100.08
491kB
lightspark
03-13-19 02:40 AM
80100.07
491kB
lightspark
03-13-19 12:27 AM
80100.06
491kB
lightspark
02-28-19 04:10 AM
80100.05
490kB
lightspark
02-11-19 01:11 PM
80100.04
491kB
lightspark
01-23-19 07:57 AM
80100.03
490kB
lightspark
01-15-19 07:07 AM
80100.02
487kB
lightspark
01-05-19 01:46 AM
80100.01
487kB
lightspark
12-27-18 04:24 AM
80000.06
487kB
lightspark
09-28-18 12:46 AM
80000.05
213kB
lightspark
09-25-18 11:02 PM
80000.04
461kB
lightspark
09-17-18 08:29 AM
80000.03
461kB
lightspark
07-28-18 06:32 AM
80000.02
461kB
lightspark
07-27-18 06:45 AM
80000.01
461kB
lightspark
07-17-18 10:41 AM


Post A Reply Comment Options
Unread 08-09-16, 04:56 PM  
kappe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Forum posts: 14
File comments: 123
Uploads: 0
love

and love
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-16, 05:09 PM  
lightspark
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
 
lightspark's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 328
File comments: 872
Uploads: 6
Re: love

Originally Posted by kappe
and love
<3
__________________
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-16, 01:08 AM  
masl
A Kobold Labourer
 
masl's Avatar

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 35
Uploads: 0
looks awesome dude
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-16, 04:29 AM  
Elrigh
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 1
File comments: 13
Uploads: 0
Nice Addon, I like it.

Is it possible to add normal Loot to the Toasts? Like "Loot Toasts" does?
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-16, 05:01 AM  
lightspark
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
 
lightspark's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 328
File comments: 872
Uploads: 6
Originally Posted by Elrigh
Nice Addon, I like it.

Is it possible to add normal Loot to the Toasts? Like "Loot Toasts" does?
I was considering it, but I'm not sure about it yet.

First concern. It may be quite difficult to avoid toast doubles. There's no proper loot related event for common loot, one has to listen to CHAT_MSG_LOOT, CHAT_MSG_MONEY, etc. Let's say you rolled and won a sword, you'll get a message about it (CHAT_MSG_LOOT event) and a toast will pop up (LOOT_ITEM_ROLL_WON event), but how can we be sure that it's exactly same sword and not two identical swords you happened to receive simultaneously, but one was picked up and another one was won via roll, item IDs and links are the same. That may be a bit more complicated than you think. Before I introduce common loot to the system, I'll have to find a good way to handle such scenarios.

Second concern. Personally, I don't think that it'll look good, cuz it's really spammy, you'll have toasts on your screen all the time. Just imagine going to a cata raid and looting some trash there T_T You'll get like tens of toasts in a queue, especially in BotT and FL T_T

Originally Posted by masl
looks awesome dude
Thanks!
__________________
Last edited by lightspark : 08-10-16 at 05:33 AM.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-16, 05:34 AM  
lightspark
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
 
lightspark's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 328
File comments: 872
Uploads: 6
K, because I get TWO questions all the time, I added FAQ section to addon's description.
__________________
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-16, 08:28 AM  
eiszeit
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
 
eiszeit's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 154
File comments: 448
Uploads: 7
Will install it tonight! <3
__________________
Lyn I'm a mess of unfinished thoughts
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-16, 09:22 AM  
lightspark
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
 
lightspark's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 328
File comments: 872
Uploads: 6
Originally Posted by eiszeit
Will install it tonight! <3
Haha, finally
__________________
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-16, 11:22 AM  
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver
 
Kkthnx's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 244
File comments: 94
Uploads: 15
Awesome addon.
__________________
Success isn't what you've done compared to others. Success is what you've done compared to what you were made to do.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-16, 05:19 PM  
lightspark
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
 
lightspark's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 328
File comments: 872
Uploads: 6
Originally Posted by Kkthnx
Awesome addon.
Thanks!
__________________
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-16, 12:05 AM  
Elrigh
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 1
File comments: 13
Uploads: 0
[quote=lightspark]
Originally Posted by Elrigh
First concern. It may be quite difficult to avoid toast doubles. There's no proper loot related event for common loot, one has to listen to CHAT_MSG_LOOT, CHAT_MSG_MONEY, etc. Let's say you rolled and won a sword, you'll get a message about it (CHAT_MSG_LOOT event) and a toast will pop up (LOOT_ITEM_ROLL_WON event), but how can we be sure that it's exactly same sword and not two identical swords you happened to receive simultaneously, but one was picked up and another one was won via roll, item IDs and links are the same. That may be a bit more complicated than you think. Before I introduce common loot to the system, I'll have to find a good way to handle such scenarios.

Second concern. Personally, I don't think that it'll look good, cuz it's really spammy, you'll have toasts on your screen all the time. Just imagine going to a cata raid and looting some trash there T_T You'll get like tens of toasts in a queue, especially in BotT and FL T_T
Right now I use Loot Toasts, which does exactly that, it scans the chat and creates a Toast for every Item looted. So if you loot the same item from two different corpses you get two Toasts. You can see this here:

http://cdn-wow.mmoui.com/preview/pvw65553.png

You are right, every time I loot something I get a list of Toasts, but they disappear very quickly and your Addon gives me the possibility to resize, which I do not have with Toaster and Loot Toasts right now. Other players use Xloot or similar addons, because we simply like the visual presentation. (Its similar to other MMOs, TESO and GW2).

I would like the Idea to get loot, achivement, item roll and whatever information in one place. With the Blizzard setting you have different Anchors for independent windows which you have to place side by side to avoid overlapping. With your Addon and Loot Toasts I was able to reduce this to only two.

Thats why I hope that you add common pickup Loot (maybe with a on/off switch in the options) so that all the important information is shown in one place, with one window and one anchor.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-16, 02:58 AM  
quidz
A Kobold Labourer
 
quidz's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 32
Uploads: 2
awesome addon, only gripe is that it doesnt save the position when switching characters. keep up the good work tho
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-16, 06:20 AM  
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver
 
neverg's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 264
File comments: 456
Uploads: 2
Great addon mate. just installed it, love it.
I was looking forward to something like this to get rid of the toasts on top of my frames in a easy way!
__________________
My oUF Layout: oUF Lumen
Last edited by neverg : 08-11-16 at 06:23 AM.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-16, 06:25 AM  
Aethra
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations

Forum posts: 19
File comments: 42
Uploads: 3
Love the look

One request!

Any chance of adding scaling ability? I play on a big monitor and I'm old. I would love to be able to make the toasts wider, a tad taller and the font larger.

Is this even possible from your end?

Thanks so much. This is soooo much better looking than the standard loot frames!
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-16, 09:26 AM  
lightspark
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
 
lightspark's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 328
File comments: 872
Uploads: 6
Thanks everyone!

Originally Posted by quidz
awesome addon, only gripe is that it doesnt save the position when switching characters. keep up the good work tho
There's a way to do so now. It's a new feature in v1.03.

Originally Posted by Elrigh
Right now I use Loot Toasts, which does exactly that, it scans the chat and creates a Toast for every Item looted. So if you loot the same item from two different corpses you get two Toasts. You can see this here:

http://cdn-wow.mmoui.com/preview/pvw65553.png

You are right, every time I loot something I get a list of Toasts, but they disappear very quickly and your Addon gives me the possibility to resize, which I do not have with Toaster and Loot Toasts right now. Other players use Xloot or similar addons, because we simply like the visual presentation. (Its similar to other MMOs, TESO and GW2).

I would like the Idea to get loot, achivement, item roll and whatever information in one place. With the Blizzard setting you have different Anchors for independent windows which you have to place side by side to avoid overlapping. With your Addon and Loot Toasts I was able to reduce this to only two.

Thats why I hope that you add common pickup Loot (maybe with a on/off switch in the options) so that all the important information is shown in one place, with one window and one anchor.
Welp, normal loot will be introduced as an additional option for loot toasts at some point in the future. I just need to do find a way to handle what I was talking about. Loot Toasts doesn't have this problem, cuz it does one thing.

Here's another example. Items you receive for completion of world quests, invasions and dungeons are ON toasts for these activities, they aren't shown as separate loot toasts, and ofc you get messages like "you received item: blah-blah".

Originally Posted by Aethra
One request!

Any chance of adding scaling ability? I play on a big monitor and I'm old. I would love to be able to make the toasts wider, a tad taller and the font larger.

Is this even possible from your end?

Thanks so much. This is soooo much better looking than the standard loot frames!
This one is in works. But it'll be "dirty" scaling, I'll be using object:SetScale(scale) and will add scale slider to config panel. There's no way in hell that I redraw textures for bigger and smaller toast sizes
__________________
Last edited by lightspark : 08-11-16 at 10:47 AM.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Post A Reply



Category Jump: