03-30-09, 07:38 AM   #1
DamonDK
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Unhappy LF oRA2 replacement

Why, oh why must the dear authors of oRA2 keep clinging to Ace2?

It is the only Ace2 addon left that I'm using, and I mostly use it for the easy MT/PT system.

I know it's not easy, but someone out there, please make a new oRA2 replacement for Ace3, make it slimmer, make it fast, make it compatible.

XPerl can pick up on most oRA2 checks, so should this baby.

Things that could be included
Invite-module (whisper me invite and be invited)
Autopromote module
Readycheck (should just trigger the default blizz one)
MT/MA and playerdefined Target frames, and make them use/be compatible with Blizzards MT/MA targets, so setting them in this new raidassist addon would set them as MT/MA in the default Blizz raidinterface and viceversa.

Make it modular and/or LoD.

Alternatively, can anyone direct me to a nice (unit)frame addon that works like oRA2's PT targets : Allows you to set x players as "watched", show their hp/raidicon and hp/raidicon of their target, and make this target be clickable for easy assisting
03-30-09, 07:45 AM   #2
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
PitBull 4 has support for Main tanks and Main assists.
03-30-09, 08:34 AM   #3
DamonDK
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Compared to the current oRA2.

It could be possible to make a new mod which didn't "inherent" some underlying inefficient structures brought about from a mindset/tradition who made oRA(1) and now oRA2.

I know that Ace3 doesn't necessarily means faster, slimmer n sleek. Atm I'm just being semi-forced into having the Ace2 framework loaded for only oRA2 and it bugs me.

I also feel that there's some level of "programming maturity" as people get better at utilising the API and so on.

@ MrRuben > But does Pitbull have support for "random" playertargets, like oRA2 does?
My guild doesn't use the builtin MT and MA functions alot, but I find it helpful to have some playertargets set, so I can just click their targets instead of trying to select mob X out of alot of creatures, especially as we can foresee some CC being needed in Ulduar and I just can't tabtarget like a mofo like we all can in naxx atm.
04-03-09, 09:00 AM   #4
DamonDK
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Yay, let the good times begin !

http://www.wowace.com/projects/langoustine/

Could be what I'm hoping for
04-03-09, 10:13 AM   #5
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by DamonDK View Post
Yay, let the good times begin !

http://www.wowace.com/projects/langoustine/

Could be what I'm hoping for
Yah, Kagaro mentioned he was up to something in the Raid mod area. I guess this is what he has bubbling in the old cauldron.
04-03-09, 06:39 PM   #6
Kagaro
A Cyclonian
yeah so far ive drycoded in

* invites (whisper or level or guld rank)
* quick disband
* auto promotes
* auto loot w/ a master looter option that should actually work
* ive started the TankFrames .. im gona combine player defined and raidleader dfined as just general 'tanks' .. raid leader assigned at top or list, player defined at bottom. I think ive also got everything in there so when a tank switch to a vechicle it should switch his health bar to the vechicle bar.
* I mocked up a readycheck status window, that you can *gasp* drag out of the middle of the screen .. boy is that annoying. it should save position so always in the same place
* All tank frames w/target and optionally tot should be clique compatible.
I plan to add support for Blizz Mt/Ma defs.

There will be No Durability, Item ,Reagent or Resist check stuff. thats all just fluff.

most of the contro interface is either a click combo for the data broker object or cmdline. ConfigUI will be done LoD

Ill most likely add some legacy support for oRA2 tank broadcasts

Last edited by Kagaro : 04-03-09 at 07:12 PM.
04-04-09, 12:55 AM   #7
DamonDK
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Yay, keep up the good work

However, I feel that there could be some advantage to having a checkbox somewhere called "Ignore MT/MA Targets" that would, in effect, only show the player targets.

I initially considered that you should make 2 seperate frames, just like oRA2 does it, but there's no real reason for doing this, merely more risk of clutter on screen as the MT or PT list becomes too large, overlapping other frames or the MT frames. So better to have one frame, one anchor and then be able to ignore MT/MA targets and only have your own active within the same frame.
04-04-09, 10:27 AM   #8
Kagaro
A Cyclonian
Im thinking easiest way to setup windows without sync stuff is to use the role headers blizz uses for MT. then add player tanks below. Alsothining of ading 'Set/RemovePlayer Tank' as a right click dropdown on a unit frame adding to that popout menu. No esoteric menu jumping to add a player tank just right click thier unitframe and add/remove them. Also tank frame ordering .. i think sort by name desc is adequate. setting exact sports imho isnt that important

if they are on your windows they are either assists or tank and wont change locations unless someone adds/remove them from the list.

new slash command:
/rapromote <player>
this will add the player to auto promote list, and if they are int he raid currently wil promote them to assist.
04-07-09, 10:17 AM   #9
DamonDK
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'm also pretty impressed at how fast the oRA2 guys sprang into action as soon as Langoustine (Kangaro's replacement mod) got a few revisions under it's belt.

Going from no action (6 private releases not available to the public, one public r7) from Oct 2008 to an r8 -> r37 in 2½ days

I'm happy that in whatever form it might take, I'll get a set of MT/MA/PlayerTarget clickable frames, with some nice raidassistance functions made in Ace3 soon
04-07-09, 12:21 PM   #10
Fuzzywuzzy
A Black Drake

Yeah, nothing like competition to keep the wheels running

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » LF oRA2 replacement