09-28-16, 07:41 PM   #1
TimothyLuke
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Create Draggable "Button" that can be embedded in Action Bar

First off I may have the terminology completely wrong. What I want to do is create a button that I can drag to an ActionBar.

I have attempted this via LibActionButton - my code attempt and results are located https://www.curseforge.com/forums/wo...actionbutton-1

GS-E has a bank of Frames that are a button.
Lua Code:
  1. local button = CreateFrame('Button', name, nil, 'SecureActionButtonTemplate,SecureHandlerBaseTemplate')
  2. button:SetAttribute('type', 'macro')
  3. button:Execute('name, macros = self:GetName(), newtable([=======[' .. strjoin(']=======],[=======[', unpack(GSTRUnEscapeSequence(sequence))) .. ']=======])')
  4. button:SetAttribute('step', 1)
  5. button:SetAttribute('PreMacro','\n' .. preparePreMacro(sequence.PreMacro or ''))
  6. GSPrintDebugMessage(L["createButton PreMacro: "] .. button:GetAttribute('PreMacro'))
  7. button:SetAttribute('PostMacro', '\n' .. preparePostMacro(sequence.PostMacro or ''))
  8. GSPrintDebugMessage(L["createButton PostMacro: "] .. button:GetAttribute('PostMacro'))
  9. button:WrapScript(button, 'OnClick', format(OnClick, sequence.StepFunction or 'step = step % #macros + 1'))
  10. button.UpdateIcon = UpdateIcon
This is access by a macro in /macro that has the command "/click buttonname".

What I am trying to do is get rid of the dependency on the macro. I would like for the user to be able to drag this button straight to the ActionBar. If thats not possible I would like to be able to create a button that just has the click macro on it that doesnt need the /macro underneath it. I can create the button easy enough but its getting it to the Action Bar.
BattleNet: TimothyLuke#1860
WowLazyMacros/Curse/GitHub/WowInterface: TimothyLuke

Most Commonly Played Characters:
Huldrych@Dath'Remar
Draik@Nagrand
09-29-16, 05:05 AM   #2
Lombra
A Molten Giant

I don't fully understand what it is that you're wanting to do. You can't put arbitrary buttons on an action bar, only valid actions such as spells, items and macros. If you want the action bar to support custom stuff, you would probably have to edit the action bar code.
09-29-16, 05:19 AM   #3
TimothyLuke
A Fallenroot Satyr

I'll try to rephrase.

I can create a frame and put buttons on it that execute macro text by setting the button type to macro and loading up the appropriate macro string into the buttons execute and onclick functions. This button doesn't need to be a spell, item or macro from your /macro list but I have to house it in my own frame. I want to be able to drag that button so i can place it on an action bar. To do that currently I have a macro with the command /click button. While that works I don't want to have to use up a macro slot if I don't need to.

Huldrych@Dath'Remar
Draik@Nagrand
09-29-16, 03:50 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
If you want it on the actual action bars, you need to use a macro. You are confusing buttons that you can create yourself and buttons that already exist that you only drag an action/macro to in order to assign it a function.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-29-16, 04:36 PM   #5
TimothyLuke
A Fallenroot Satyr

It's what I suspected but had to ask. Thanks all.

Huldrych@Dath'Remar
Draik@Nagrand

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Create Draggable "Button" that can be embedded in Action Bar