04-30-13, 03:29 AM   #21
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
That's pretty damn nice. You'll have it completely done by tomorrow, you said?
Haha, i wish i could have it done by tomorrow - expected release date is still the 13th However i got further than i expected so far, so maybe some days earlier In the first version i release i expect no syntax highlighting(besides the original lua that sublime already offers), this will be a feature for the next release.

This will allow me to have both syntax highlighting and w/e. bug, typo, etc people have discovered in the first version - fixed for 2nd version. Because as of now i think having it all in one is just a little big too much of a project to start fixing if people discover bugs or anything else.

But no worries - all features will be available in the 2nd version, while the 1st version only has the features shown in the videos posted here, that is:

Full API WoW Support Auto-Completions with TabSteps and Return values.

Anyways, dentist time - Be back later.

Last edited by fRodzet : 04-30-13 at 04:21 AM.
04-30-13, 06:10 AM   #22
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I hope v2 plugins will be usable out of the box in v3 too (using the latest v3 dev build atm)

Do you have something planned for removed API?
A highlight you can add removed functions to would be helpful for those post-patch fixes.

You'll have some API maintenance work ahead anyway might as well make it useful
Example: http://www.wowpedia.org/Patch_5.2.0/API_changes (scroll down to API tables and expand removed column)

Last edited by Dridzt : 04-30-13 at 06:13 AM.
04-30-13, 06:27 AM   #23
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
I hope v2 plugins will be usable out of the box in v3 too (using the latest v3 dev build atm)
It will work for both V2 and V3 of Sublime Text

Do you have something planned for removed API?
A highlight you can add removed functions to would be helpful for those post-patch fixes.
For the first version, no i haven't planned that. However for the next version all API's that have been removed from WoW will have a RED highlight. And functions which are either NOCOMBAT or w/e stated will have some highlighting too such as bold, italic, decreased opacity which should make it easy to fast recognize which belongs to which category.

You'll have some API maintenance work ahead anyway might as well make it useful
Example: http://www.wowpedia.org/Patch_5.2.0/API_changes (scroll down to API tables and expand removed column)
No worries, already looked at em
04-30-13, 06:50 AM   #24
jaliborc
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by fRodzet View Post
Why spent time writing your return values when you can just do it like so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fajDL...ature=youtu.be

Once again i recorded system sounds -.-
Best autocomplete feature ever.
04-30-13, 09:27 AM   #25
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

However for the next version all API's that have been removed from WoW will have a RED highlight.
How will globals be displayed?

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
04-30-13, 09:33 AM   #26
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
How will globals be displayed?
Not sure yet What do you suggest?
04-30-13, 09:55 AM   #27
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Green like functions?
04-30-13, 11:12 AM   #28
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I was thinking red, as in "Hey...this might be a typo...are you SURE you want to use this?" but that's already taken.

04-30-13, 11:13 AM   #29
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Resike View Post
Green like functions?
o.O

The idea is to make them stand out, since a typo on a variable name suddenly creates a new global.

04-30-13, 11:16 AM   #30
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I was thinking red, as in "Hey...this might be a typo...are you SURE you want to use this?" but that's already taken.
Hmm yeah i c that, lets use RED for globals instead and use something else for removed functions.. hmm i'll figure something out.

What you are asking for is Global Variables detection right? I can make it so that if one or more variables is equal they turn green otherwise they are e.g. grey/red. We can even make it detect them cross files.

Last edited by fRodzet : 04-30-13 at 11:23 AM.
04-30-13, 11:56 AM   #31
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
o.O

The idea is to make them stand out, since a typo on a variable name suddenly creates a new global.
Well i don't really use a lot of globals so whatever for me. I meant to green color while you typing it it has some different starter color, and when it becomes a global then turns green.
04-30-13, 12:16 PM   #32
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Will you be adding this plugin to Package Control?

04-30-13, 12:53 PM   #33
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Hmm yeah i c that, lets use RED for globals instead and use something else for removed functions.. hmm i'll figure something out.

What you are asking for is Global Variables detection right? I can make it so that if one or more variables is equal they turn green otherwise they are e.g. grey/red. We can even make it detect them cross files.
Aye, that's precisely what I had in mind - that's really the main reason I use Sylvanaar's IntelliJ plugin. I much prefer Sublime overall; it's not a hulking behemoth of a Java IDE and it's so much more aesthetically pleasing.

04-30-13, 12:54 PM   #34
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Gethe View Post
Will you be adding this plugin to Package Control?
BETA Release - No.. Final release - Yes. With final i mean version 2.0 which i expect to be done 1-2 weeks after the BETA release the 13th
04-30-13, 01:04 PM   #35
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Aye, that's precisely what I had in mind - that's really the main reason I use Sylvanaar's IntelliJ plugin. I much prefer Sublime overall; it's not a hulking behemoth of a Java IDE and it's so much more aesthetically pleasing.
Well sure, this will certainly be a great feature to have. But first i will look into everything about the auto-completion and then i will start working on syntax highlighting. Unfortunately there is no proper support for calltips in Sublime Text, i hope they will do that possible in the future so there will be no needs to check forums anymore to get API informations. After i tried to modify some changes i see that Auto-Completion actually also can take syntax effects, though only found it possible to edit the size, whether its italic, bold or not, etc. Maybe Highlighting can be accomplished in the popup-menu itself so that you will see the colors before the complete word has actually been typed in this way you will be able to see right away whether a function requires some sort of hardware event, if its removed or w/e.
04-30-13, 02:50 PM   #36
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Resike View Post
Well i don't really use a lot of globals so whatever for me. I meant to green color while you typing it it has some different starter color, and when it becomes a global then turns green.
Green means "go" or "good". Red means "stop" or "bad". You want as few globals as possible. So... Red > Green.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-30-13, 04:04 PM   #37
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Green means "go" or "good". Red means "stop" or "bad". You want as few globals as possible. So... Red > Green.
just like traffic lights, don't walk on red man.
04-30-13, 05:00 PM   #38
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

WoW love Sublime Text too! But what do you think how long will it be for free? Looks like more often you use it the by now option pops up again and I have to klick no again... 70$ seams to be much!
04-30-13, 05:10 PM   #39
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
WoW love Sublime Text too! But what do you think how long will it be for free? Looks like more often you use it the by now option pops up again and I have to klick no again... 70$ seams to be much!
Free and full-featured forever. Pop-up appears every X times you save.
04-30-13, 05:18 PM   #40
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Sublime 3 doesn't run without a license, don't know if that will change once it's out of beta.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Sublime Text 2 - WoW Package Project.