10-16-09, 02:40 PM   #1
Chibi
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Custom action bars with more than 12 buttons?

I'm currently playing with an ns52te, and using Dominos as my action bar addon. It does exactly what I want it to do in the respect that it will allow me to arrange my 120 possible action ID's into 8 bars with 14 buttons each, instead of the usual 10/12. It works fine for most of my characters, except when I get into the very-switchy-ones (e.g. Warrior and Druid alts) who have more than one stance.

Do any of the other action bars out there, like Bartender4 support having more-than-12-buttons on a bar? Or will I end up trying to add extra logic options to Dominos paging, or configuring everything from scratch with something like Macaroon!?
10-16-09, 09:02 PM   #2
Gako
A Fallenroot Satyr

I don't think there is a mod out there able to do what you demand of it out of the box I'm afraid. I also use dominos, and find it on par for most of what I need. I don't quite understand how having a larger bar size would help you, if its for hotkeys, theres a whole bunch of mods that'll do that without the hassle of a button.
10-16-09, 09:21 PM   #3
Ketua
Premium Member

Premium Member
Bartender4 can sorta do that. But you have to configure it. IT has tranparency options for buttons that you don't assign powers so you can line up multiple bars and only use portions.

I combine bartender with button facade and this is my UI.
http://www.malific.com/pics/wow/kologarn.html

That 10 bars 12 buttons each but lined up next to each other, some of them size changed and some set up to be bars that are 4 buttons wide and 3 tall.

Hot keys can be assigned to any button on the bar by simply mousing over and hitting the key combo you want to use. It also gives individual stance/aura/pet bars and at swaps layouts for stealth and Talent changes. Don't know if it auto swaps on stance change for warrior.

Last edited by Ketua : 10-16-09 at 09:26 PM.
10-17-09, 07:51 AM   #4
Chibi
A Cyclonian

tl;dr. looks like I'm going to have to tweak something or see if I can get Macaroon!'s bars to link instead of just making angry hotkey errors as me

Originally Posted by Gako View Post
I don't think there is a mod out there able to do what you demand of it out of the box I'm afraid. I also use dominos, and find it on par for most of what I need. I don't quite understand how having a larger bar size would help you, if its for hotkeys, theres a whole bunch of mods that'll do that without the hassle of a button.
That's about the conclusion I've come to. I use the larger bars because the n52 has 14 main buttons, and two thumb buttons that I use for modifiers. Dominos does meet most of my needs, all of them on characters with only 1 stance (my rogue main, in this case.) But for my Druid/Warrior alts that have 3 or more stances, I'm limited by not being able to apply two logic conditions to a paging action. (e.g. show bar 7 if battle stance *and* the alt key is down)

Originally Posted by Ketua View Post
Bartender4 can sorta do that. But you have to configure it. IT has tranparency options for buttons that you don't assign powers so you can line up multiple bars and only use portions.

...Don't know if it auto swaps on stance change for warrior.
It does swap for warrior stance changes, but the length of the bar is more of an issue than just how it's arranged in the UI. I could have multiple bars lined up together that paged, but if i only need two more buttons, then I end up wasting the other 10 buttons on a bar somewhere.
10-17-09, 08:16 AM   #5
forty2j
A Cobalt Mageweaver
I have not tried this, but Barkeep let's you split an action bar into as many pieces as you like, and splatter those pieces all over your screen. So if you need to "borrow" 2 buttons from Bar2, you can still use the other 10 somewhere else.

Edit: Err, no it doesn't, sorry. I just got a good look at what it's doing. It's some nice trickery, but it's still wastes buttons from incomplete bars.

Last edited by forty2j : 10-17-09 at 08:21 AM.
10-17-09, 08:35 AM   #6
Bornabe
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Why not use Bartender or Dominos and just line-up bars side by side until you have the amount of action buttons you wish? :-D Then appropriately associate the key bindings you want.

**Edit** I'm a retard and didn't read fully.

For the stances, Macaroon will be your only option that will not use Blizzard action slots. Macaroon, once setup, won't be too bad.
10-19-09, 08:49 AM   #7
doc309
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
here's what i did...
using BT4

set one bar in a 4x3; for keys
1 , 2 , 3 , 4
6 , 7 , 8 , 9

made another bar 1x5 (placed top flush on R or 1st bar) for keys
MWU
MWC
MWD

both bars can be set for stance changes. it look a bit odd

1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
6 , 7 , 8 , , 10
11,12,13,14,MWU
__________ MWC
__________ MWD

but i play a lot of alts and need to see the spells...
i don't use key 9, its keybound to jump. 5 and 10 are my starters. 1-4 priority or rotation for that toon, 6-8 situational spells, 11-14 oh crap....
MW varies widely from HS spam on warrior to drink on healer...
with only one toon i would set the 5,10,mouse-wheel bar the same, just remember what was there and hide it...

the other buttons never change so i don't have to see them.
the circle button is key-bound for gogomount on all toons
the D-pad i use for movement.
the square button toggles into a different pad state ( keybinds to the possess bar... for jousting etc....)

Last edited by doc309 : 10-19-09 at 08:51 AM. Reason: getting MWC and MWD under MWU
10-19-09, 11:45 AM   #8
Dainton
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Why not make macros with [stance:#] modifiers for the two extra button slots so that they act like they page on their own when you swap stances?
10-19-09, 12:08 PM   #9
coal
A Kobold Labourer
I suggest Macaroon. It's not as difficult to understand as most think it is. Read through the FAQ to get an idea of what you need to do.
01-19-10, 03:17 PM   #10
Grendalsh
A Defias Bandit

Thumbs up Comprehensive Actionbar/N52te setup

I use Dominos with the N52te, for every class. If you bind in shift/ctrl/alt you can modify the other 12 buttons (including the lower thumb button, b15), to give you control of 5 actionbars x12 buttons = 60 keybindings. Modifiers can also be used with the Dpad, scrollwheel, and mousebuttons.

By using an actionbar mod like Dominos or Bartender, you can set keybindings per character within the game, and get an on-screen keybinding map.
You can also set up stance swapping within Dominos or Bartender (I prefer Dominos, YMMV), so you don't need to bind modified keys for stanced abilities.
An example of the setup and usage is on YouTube at The Two Ring

This does assume using the DPad for movement (forward/back,strafe left/right) with the mouse.

Last edited by Grendalsh : 01-26-10 at 11:23 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Custom action bars with more than 12 buttons?