09-01-15, 11:39 PM   #1
Stehno
A Defias Bandit
My own targets

Hello,
I know it should be possible to create but I know next to nothing about creating addons so I ask you here. Would anyone help me? I need a simple addon that allows me to mark a target, preferably friendly raid member but if I could mark an enemy as well that would be swell. The importat part is to be able to do that while not being the raid leader and so that only I could se these marks. I understand that it might only be able using modifications to nameplates and that is quite fine, being able to see the mark only when I can see the nameplates is ok. Thank you.
09-02-15, 12:00 PM   #2
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Addons don't have the ability to interact with the 3D game world and as such, can't mark targets in any way other than the standard raid markers already in the default UI.
09-02-15, 05:00 PM   #3
syncrow
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It might be possible with own mark-icon-strings in combination with saved GUIDs.

However, you need own unitframes & nameplates that support those information storage.

Last edited by syncrow : 09-02-15 at 05:05 PM.
09-02-15, 07:21 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Is this something that you can use the focus unit for? ( /focus )
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-03-15, 02:43 AM   #5
Stehno
A Defias Bandit
Well I dont really know my way around this stuff, but why I think it whould be possible is that I ve seen an addon do something close to what I want. Addon All Healers Must Die puts a huge healer ikon above player that uses a healing spell. I am looking for something similar that activates on use and is permanently on the target until I change my mind.
09-03-15, 11:54 AM   #6
Dimmulux
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Original thread on wow forums: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15161253126 .

It certainly is possible with default UI nameplates. Simply create an unclickable button above the relevant nameplate and set its background image to be the mark you want. The addon l2target marks units in this way.
09-06-15, 02:07 AM   #7
Stehno
A Defias Bandit
Thank you l2target seems quite alright and might suffice. It is able to do exactly what i want, to mark eigher enemy or friendly target with a mark that only I can see. But it lacks customization. It cant target more than one target and the target is always skull. The problem with that is, it could get confuzing for me if I want to target raid mate so that I knew where he/she was but if it has the same icon as priority target it can get confuzing. Never the less, if there is no better way this is enough and thank you for doing for me what I was unable to do even though i did spend quite some time looking for such addon.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » My own targets