07-27-14, 07:58 PM   #1
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Packaging libraries with Git?

So I decided to try Git for easier synchronizing between addon sites (and better issue tracking on GitHub) but there's one thing I can't figure out. How on earth do I get the WoWI packager to pull in libraries when it makes ZIPs? The Curse packager looks at the libraries listed in the .pkgmeta file, but WoWI doesn't seem to have an equivalent to that...
07-28-14, 04:09 AM   #2
Sharparam
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I don't think it has such a feature at all (granted, I haven't really used the WoWI packager so I could be wrong).
07-28-14, 04:55 AM   #3
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I asked Dolby about this when I embedded oUF in my layout in 2012, but he said it was not feasible to implement a system that does this.
As usual, they delete threads in the help/bugs/suggestions forum, so I can't say for sure exactly what he told me.
07-28-14, 05:04 AM   #4
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
What you could do, is make a simple build script, download the latest version of x libs, zip it, and upload it using shadowed's wowi uploader.
07-28-14, 10:32 AM   #5
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
I tried to create such a thing (git + svn that would sync with wowi). And after lots of problems I decided for me that its not worth the trouble. Wowace the central point for libraries is hosting them mostly as svn so in the end I chose to stick with svn. And after my experience I'm pretty sure Dolby knows what he is talking about
07-28-14, 10:39 AM   #6
Sharparam
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

For an AddOn I'm developing in MoonScript, I use a Python script to compile *.moon files and put results in a zip (together with readme files and libs).

It runs as a job on my build server so that I'll be able to just grab the zip from there and upload to WoWI/Curse. It would probably be feasible to do something similar while storing library repo urls somewhere as a config and making the build script pull down the latest versions and package them in the zip, and then using APIs from the respective addon sites to upload the zip.
07-29-14, 01:41 AM   #7
Phanx
Cat.

Well, the only lib I'm embedding is LibStub... since that doesn't really ever change, I guess I'll just hard-embed it. Seems like the easiest option.
08-03-14, 01:13 PM   #8
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by ravagernl View Post
What you could do, is make a simple build script, download the latest version of x libs, zip it, and upload it using shadowed's wowi uploader.
Out of curiosity, when's the last time you actually used that thing? It doesn't seem to be working for me, failing with a 404 error (more detail here).

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Packaging libraries with Git?