04-26-13, 07:59 PM   #1
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Sublime Text 2 - WoW Package Project.

Go to my other post in order to download the BETA version:

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=46712

Last edited by fRodzet : 06-23-13 at 06:11 PM.
04-26-13, 08:01 PM   #2
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by fRodzet View Post
Greetings,

I'm working on a project - a package for Sublime Text 2.. Now i know that i posted my other topic with the SCiTE/NotePad++ project, but after i tried Sublime Text 2 i decided to develop a package for that instead.

Here is a video of how it works so far:

Click Here: Sublime Text 2 - Create WoW AddOns with the speed of light!

please don't mind the music playing in the background, its just because i forgot to turnoff Play Windows sounds in my fraps and had my VLC playlist running in the background(Oliver Koletzki feat. Fran - Hypnotized)
.Also i didn't want to spent time cutting and clipping the video so i just recorded one big example(2 minutes)

Upcoming features:
Full API Support for WoW
Syntax Highlighting

idea's are welcome.

i expect to have a BETA release of the Package around may the 13th, as of now it seems that i need atleast 2 weeks to get it to work properly and hopefully a final release one day which can be downloaded though package control.

Regards,
fRodzet
Yes!
04-26-13, 08:30 PM   #3
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

One question: Will it be able to detect globals? Nothing like spending hours debugging something to the point where you think you've gone mad only to realize you typoed a variable.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
04-27-13, 01:59 AM   #4
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
One question: Will it be able to detect globals? Nothing like spending hours debugging something to the point where you think you've gone mad only to realize you typoed a variable.
I'm sure you know about this already, but just in case: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...OTANADDON.html
04-27-13, 02:52 AM   #5
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Oh, yeah - but Sylvanaar's IntelliJ Lua plugin has me spoiled. Globals show up in bright red.

04-27-13, 07:12 AM   #6
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
One question: Will it be able to detect globals?
It will be able to detect globals just fine Since yesterday when i posted i figured out some cool features.

I'll make a new video sometimes soon to show some other stuff..

Even tho i'm not good at programming, JSON is so easy to work around with, especially because there is soo many packages out there to learn from - its actually just a combination of packages with custom made settings and some add-ins.

Sublime Text 2 seems to be very clever and almost self thinking once you get around with the hotkeys.
04-27-13, 10:06 AM   #7
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Sometimes it seems almost sentient; Sublime Text 3 reminds me of a nascent Skynet.

04-27-13, 11:44 AM   #8
Vlad
A Molten Giant

It looks like you are a robot... the way you type is so mechanical and constant.
04-27-13, 12:47 PM   #9
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
It looks like you are a robot... the way you type is so mechanical and constant.
I thought he was using an automator or something to type that out for him

I could never type at that rate.

OT; Looks really cool. Wish it were Notepad++ but what can you do
04-27-13, 01:17 PM   #10
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
Wish it were Notepad++ but what can you do
Yeah, it's been through a couple of editor changes. Once he saw how awesome ST2 was, he fell in love
04-27-13, 04:01 PM   #11
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
I wish! maybe to my next video i should use some keypose program like the one for mac, anyone knows of a good one(Windows)? In this way you can also get a slight look of the hotkeys used
04-27-13, 04:07 PM   #12
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I thought he was using an automator or something to type that out for him

I could never type at that rate.
Trust me, i typed that code over and over again back when i was trying to do my first AddOn because at first i thought that programming was all about remembering so after you created one AddOn you should remember everything bout it.. lol

OT; Looks really cool. Wish it were Notepad++ but what can you do
Sorry, but i just can't go back.. Sublime offers so much, i can't even descripe the pleasure of using it!
04-27-13, 05:51 PM   #13
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Sorry, but i just can't go back.. Sublime offers so much, i can't even descripe the pleasure of using it!
I could not agree more, even after using Notepad++ for several years I have to say Sublime is far superior.
04-27-13, 06:15 PM   #14
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
So far support for 500 APIs. We're getting closer
04-27-13, 06:17 PM   #15
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I downloaded Sublime Text 2. Just waiting for you to release an alpha or beta for testing, hopefully with full, clear to understand install instructions for your plugin.

If I may suggest a tip next time you use Fraps? Please turn off the frame rate display in the top corner. Thank you!
04-28-13, 01:09 AM   #16
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
I downloaded Sublime Text 2. Just waiting for you to release an alpha or beta for testing, hopefully with full, clear to understand install instructions for your plugin.
Sounds good! And i will ofc add some clean instructions for installation Now what is the difference between alpha and beta, hah, i never figured that out!

Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
If I may suggest a tip next time you use Fraps? Please turn off the frame rate display in the top corner. Thank you!
Thanks for the tip - yeah it was annoying to me aswell, just didn't want to redo the video because of that :P Just payed for fraps so i'm not very used to it yet, i used the Windows Media Encoder before.
04-28-13, 05:06 PM   #17
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Now what is the difference between alpha and beta, hah, i never figured that out!
Each programmer has a slightly different interpretation, but what I go with is alpha means "available for use from development sites (code.google.com, a repository, wowace.com, curseforge.com, etc –– not public sites like wowinterface.com or curse.com), but definitely not finished, expect bugs" while beta means "publicly distributed, no known bugs or missing features, needs people other than programmer to test". Release quality means "publicly available, no bugs or missing features, thoroughly tested and working".

When dealing with Warcraft AddOns, I never think of missing translations as a missing feature. Other users will provide them whenever they want, and you can't count on them. A missing feature is something in the AddOn (or your ST2 plugin) that you intend on having when you deem it release quality.
04-29-13, 12:40 AM   #18
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
You should also try this plugin for Sublime:

World of Warcraft TOC file Syntax
04-30-13, 02:53 AM   #19
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Why spent time writing your return values when you can just do it like so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fajDL...ature=youtu.be

Once again i recorded system sounds -.-

Last edited by fRodzet : 04-30-13 at 03:14 AM.
04-30-13, 03:15 AM   #20
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

That's pretty damn nice. You'll have it completely done by tomorrow, you said?

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Sublime Text 2 - WoW Package Project.