05-08-13, 05:46 AM   #61
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I got screwed! Try the package anyways guys ;)

I usually don't use the sentence **** My Life to feel sorry for myself, but in this case....... FML!

My new system:

i7-3770k
GTX 690
Corsair AX 760i 80+ Platinum
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum
2x 256GB Samsung 840 Pro series
BitFenix Prodigy
ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE
1x Seagate 1TB HDD
Corsair H100i Push/Pull

Now yesterday something really odd happened, i was watching a movie and suddenly my PSU fan started to spin real ****ing crazy, a few sec later a tickling sound appeared, everything stopped spinning and my computer shut down - guess what? Yeah my PSU burned down every single **** of my components but the RAM, the CPU and the Mobo.

Both SSD drives gone
HDD gone
PSU gone
GTX 690 gone

Now i'm sitting here with my:

Corsair tx 650watt PSU
i7-3770k
HD 7950
16GB RAM
500GB 5200rpm 16mb cache HDD
ASUS z77 mobo
and yeah some other crap.

Atleast i'm still within the 7 years guarantee of my Power supply, i do hope that corsair will pay for everything harmed due to the PSU. I never thought such thing could happen with quality products, but i guess i thought wrong.

This however did not stop me from doing my work, i did send a copy of my work to my mail so that i could test it on other OS platforms - such as Mac. I'm still working on the project, but around 20-30 hours of work has been lost therefore i cannot guarantee that a BETA release is ready the 13th.

For those of you who have waited - i'm sorry, i'm doing my best to be ready in time.

Due to these sad incidents i have decided to just upload a link to the project here for each few hours spent, if some odd thing should happen again i'm prepared this time. Having em all linked here i can fast track my latest work.

Everyone can download these files, but they are not properly functional, for those of you who would like to try it anyways i'll add a fast readme file to the package.

Download *snip*

Regards,
fRodzet the sad.

Last edited by Seerah : 05-08-13 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Removed link - site rules. Feel free to upload to wowi or attach to a post in the forums. -Seerah
05-08-13, 06:55 AM   #62
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Your luck with hardware is...in the negatives, it would seem. Ouch!

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
05-08-13, 07:05 AM   #63
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
Your luck with hardware is...in the negatives, it would seem. Ouch!
Being unlucky is my thing! That's what i'm good at :P

BTW sorry for all the swearing in the post above - just an annoying day, had to go to the post office with all my hardware to send it back for rep. And now i'm on this sloow computer because of the slow HDD i use atm :P
05-08-13, 07:11 AM   #64
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
The 80+ Platinum PSU seems to be fine, but maybe the 760W is just not enough for your system, and it's just overheated.
05-08-13, 07:17 AM   #65
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Resike View Post
The 80+ Platinum PSU seems to be fine, but maybe the 760W is just not enough for your system, and it's just overheated.
The 760i 80+ Platinum is enough to handle 2x GTX 680 or 2x HD 7970 with a OC of 40% on CPU and some OC on GPU. 550watt if 80+ with some good quality components can handle a GTX 690 on full load, tho with high noise due to the pressure and heat of the PSU components. So i should be fine with mine, but something went completely wrong yesterday. Platinum is the highest efficiency available atm. 80+ > 80+ Bronze > 80+ Silver > 80+ Gold > 80+ Platinum.

Last edited by fRodzet : 05-08-13 at 07:20 AM.
05-08-13, 08:19 AM   #66
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Originally Posted by fRodzet View Post
The 760i 80+ Platinum is enough to handle 2x GTX 680 or 2x HD 7970 with a OC of 40% on CPU and some OC on GPU. 550watt if 80+ with some good quality components can handle a GTX 690 on full load, tho with high noise due to the pressure and heat of the PSU components. So i should be fine with mine, but something went completely wrong yesterday. Platinum is the highest efficiency available atm. 80+ > 80+ Bronze > 80+ Silver > 80+ Gold > 80+ Platinum.
Yes, but the 690 and the i7 amongst the the z board the double ssd, and the extra fans, might overload it. Specially if the PSU is filled with dust.
05-08-13, 11:06 AM   #67
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Yes, but the 690 and the i7 amongst the the z board the double ssd, and the extra fans, might overload it. Specially if the PSU is filled with dust.
Not to start a discussion with you but the Ivy Bridge series is one of the most power effecient CPU's till date, whether its i3, i5, or i7. Less power consumption than Sandy Bridge.

2x 680 > GTX 690 in watt usage.
SSD uses close to no wattage.
Fans uses most often max 5 watt at full speed. -> mine is noctua (very effecient 12V * 0.09A = 1.08Watt at full speed)
Z77 is the new standard for Ivy Bridge - the power consumption is equal or less than earlier models, mine is a mini-ITX requires half the power.

As said my computer is rather new, the PSU is filled with no dust at all, in addition i have installed dust filters in all intake fan spots including the PSU.

So i know for sure it was not a lack of hardware quality but rather a hardware failure.

Last edited by fRodzet : 05-08-13 at 11:14 AM.
05-08-13, 12:31 PM   #68
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

God... luck with Hardware. I've had everything from HDDs that killed whatever sata ports they got plugged into to GPUs that killed motherboards (the manufacturer didn't believe that one until they received the actual card when I RMA'd it ). I think my curse may have lifted, though. Haven't had many issues in the last few years /jinx

Now yesterday something really odd happened, i was watching a movie and suddenly my PSU fan started to spin real ****ing crazy, a few sec later a tickling sound appeared, everything stopped spinning and my computer shut down - guess what? Yeah my PSU burned down every single **** of my components but the RAM, the CPU and the Mobo.

Atleast i'm still within the 7 years guarantee of my Power supply, i do hope that corsair will pay for everything harmed due to the PSU. I never thought such thing could happen with quality products, but i guess i thought wrong.
Definitely sounds like PSU failure. If you were just drawing too much power it would either shut down using it's own over-current protection, or your hardware would start having temporary issues as they lacked sufficient power (such as GPUs freezing).

At least you bought Corsair (I assume) which have some of the best customer service around. Unfortunately even with the best made hardware these things can happen, it's just a lot less likely.

Last edited by Nibelheim : 05-08-13 at 12:38 PM.
05-08-13, 03:52 PM   #69
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

One small thing I noticed with the download provided.

If double clicking on "health" in the following string ".health.position", then ".health.position" gets highlighted.
Without the download, double clicking on "health" in ".health.position" highlights only "health"

Original: .health.download
New: .health.download
05-08-13, 05:57 PM   #70
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm not sure if Sublime is learning my code via prediction or if this is unintended, but when I type the word local it defaults to
Lua Code:
  1. local i = 1
Naturally, I was trying to type something like
Lua Code:
  1. local some_variable = some_API or value
Sublime performed the latter before the plugin.
05-08-13, 06:09 PM   #71
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
I'm not sure if Sublime is learning my code via prediction or if this is unintended, but when I type the word local it defaults to
Lua Code:
  1. local i = 1
Lua Code:

I'm getting this without the plugin:

05-08-13, 06:18 PM   #72
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
One small thing I noticed with the download provided.

If double clicking on "health" in the following string ".health.position", then ".health.position" gets highlighted.
Without the download, double clicking on "health" in ".health.position" highlights only "health"

Original: .health.download
New: .health.download
I think you need to reedit your user preferences:

Code:
{
	"auto_complete_commit_on_tab": true,
	"bold_folder_labels": true,
	"caret_style": "phase",
	"color_scheme": "Packages/Color Scheme - Default/Monokai.tmTheme",
	"ensure_newline_at_eof_on_save": false,
	"font_size": 10,
	"highlight_line": true,
	"highlight_modified_tabs": true,
	"ignored_packages":
	[
		"Vintage"
	],
	"save_on_focus_lost": true,
	"word_separators": ".:/\\()\"'-,;<>~!@#$%^&*|+=[]{}`~?"
}
05-08-13, 06:48 PM   #73
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

I think you need to reedit your user preferences:
How weird.

My Settings - User is the exact same after installing the package
Code:
{
	"font_size": 12,
	"ignored_packages":
	[
		"Vintage"
	]
}
And both User and Default settings for the WoW Lua package are empty, yet it still ignores the decimal as a separator. Even adding the word_separators setting into Settings - User doesn't correct the issue. Have to add the package to my ignore list to get it working again.
05-08-13, 09:30 PM   #74
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
How weird.

My Settings - User is the exact same after installing the package
Code:
{
	"font_size": 12,
	"ignored_packages":
	[
		"Vintage"
	]
}
And both User and Default settings for the WoW Lua package are empty, yet it still ignores the decimal as a separator. Even adding the word_separators setting into Settings - User doesn't correct the issue. Have to add the package to my ignore list to get it working again.
Check the Lua.sublime-settings preferences within the package there should be some default values i have set. Change them as you please - the reason for adding them like so is that we would like to specify different settings depending on the language(.lua, .toc, .xml).

The package you have downloaded so far is really an very early version, and as mentioned it is not working properly.
05-08-13, 09:32 PM   #75
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
Lua Code:
  1. local i = 1
Lua Code:
The snippet of local has not yet been added to the package, you can goto your lua package in packages and copy the xxx.sublime-snippet files to your WoWLua folder if you like - this should correct the issue.
05-08-13, 09:43 PM   #76
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Check the Lua.sublime-settings preferences within the package there should be some default values i have set. Change them as you please - the reason for adding them like so is that we would like to specify different settings depending on the language(.lua, .toc, .xml).

The package you have downloaded so far is really an very early version, and as mentioned it is not working properly.
Ahh, thanks

No worries, I'm just bringing up whatever I come across just in case. The only bad bug is an unreported bug
05-09-13, 09:51 AM   #77
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Ahh, thanks

No worries, I'm just bringing up whatever I come across just in case. The only bad bug is an unreported bug
True dat is!

Oh and yeah you were talking about your default/user settings using the same theme, font size and colors - well the reason for that is that i have not yet implemented that to the released version, due to the fact that it all got f'ed up. But i believe i can have a 100% working BETA version ready around the 15th, have to add another 2 days because of my hardware issue.

All protected, removed, nocombat, hardware etc API's will provided with that version aswell. Global variables syntax highlighting i'm not sure about yet, it requires abit of coding to work properly - but hopefully will become possible very soon.

Last edited by fRodzet : 05-09-13 at 10:05 AM.
05-09-13, 03:45 PM   #78
jaliborc
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

The link has been removed. Could anyone that have already downloaded it attach it on the forum thread?
05-09-13, 04:07 PM   #79
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by jaliborc View Post
The link has been removed. Could anyone that have already downloaded it attach it on the forum thread?
Don't really want to go against the author's wishes in that regard. If he wants people to download it again, he'll upload a new link
05-09-13, 04:13 PM   #80
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by jaliborc View Post
Will upload a new one for you, tomorrow(10th may) on their upload page.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Sublime Text 2 - WoW Package Project.