07-15-13, 08:24 PM   #1
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Pick for 7/14: Gearing Guide (updated)

Gearing Guide:

Are you a raid leader looking for an easy way to determine who may benefit the most from a piece of loot? Or perhaps you want to compare what has dropped to what you currently have equipped without having to search theory-crafting websites for information on what is best. This addon uses stat priorities from Elitist Jerks to determine which class and spec the item is best suited for. (Keep in mind that this does not account for any reforging that may need to occur based on your spec or stats.) You may also use the wishlist feature to keep an eye out for certain items that you wish to have. Optional EPGP support is built in as well, allowing you to use default costs or custom values if you are the Master Looter.

Read more about how this addon works by visiting its download page.

For previous Picks of the Week, visit our PotW archive forum.

Are you the author of a mod that you think belongs in this spotlight? Just upload/update it to WoWInterface, and it will automatically be considered for that week's Pick.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-16-13, 09:02 AM   #2
iDoCocaine
A Kobold Labourer
About that trinket...

Cunning of the Cruel benefits from shadow damage and DoTs. Even with certain stats taken into account, I highly doubt any mage spec could use it better than an Spriest or Afflock.

I won't be downloading this.
07-16-13, 09:17 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I assume the screenshot was taken on a character that is a Mage, hence why only mage specs are shown in the "Currently Equipped" boxes. Also note that the mage specs are given a score of only 11 for that item (or rather, that item is given a score of 11 for those specs). Though I'm sure your concerns would be better brought up with the addon developer himself.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-17-13, 03:00 AM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by iDoCocaine View Post
Cunning of the Cruel benefits from shadow damage and DoTs. Even with certain stats taken into account, I highly doubt any mage spec could use it better than an Spriest or Afflock.
What makes you think anything in that screenshot is saying the trinket is better for a mage than for another class? All I see is a comparison of the relative power of three trinkets for a mage. If you loaded the addon on your shadow priest for the same three trinkets, you'd see different relative power numbers showing the relative power of those trinkets for your class.

Either way though, as Seerah said, if you think the information the addon is providing is inaccurate, that's a concern you should bring to the addon's author or to the Elitist Jerks forums, since that's where the information comes from. This thread is just an announcement saying "hey WoWI users, here's a new addon that looks interesting that you might want to check out!". The addon's author probably doesn't even know this thread exists.

Last edited by Phanx : 07-17-13 at 03:03 AM.
07-17-13, 10:16 AM   #5
10leej
A Molten Giant

Those pictures are also from v1.0 of the addon author is now on v1.3.1 so if there was a bug he might've fixed it by now.
07-17-13, 10:28 AM   #6
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by iDoCocaine View Post

I won't be downloading this.
I really like how this guy created an account just to post this without using his own eyes...

Marth

WoWInterface » Site Forums » WoWI's Pick(s) of the Week » Pick for 7/14: Gearing Guide (updated)