02-16-15, 08:12 PM   #1
Noix
A Fallenroot Satyr
Issue with Invisible frame

Issue
http://i.imgur.com/YECOWYV.jpg?2
-Black outline box is the invisible frame
-What is in that frame (when turning all addons off) oUF_Donut.
-The invisible box in question is actually player frame (when click i target self)

I have used the following code
------- self:EnableMouse(false) -------
Hoping it would disable the mouse click on that invisible box. sadly it does not

How i figured/produce the issue
-Clique and oUF_Donut are the 2 addons doing the issue (Before ask! YES! I went to Frame BLacklist -> oUF_DonutPlayerframe *Checkmarked* --- Even went as far as checkmarking "PlayerFrame")

-with those 2 addons ONLY enabled. you can select yourself and even mouse over it and see your character highlight as if you are selecting a unit frame

-Disabled Clique issue seem to be solved, but then lose ability to use clique addon itself. that defeats the point.

So i posted on both author as well as search for info asking about it. with no response at all. (HINTS reason for this post) not sure what to do anymore Any help would be nice!!

Thank you very much!

Last edited by Noix : 02-16-15 at 08:21 PM.
02-16-15, 08:29 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If it only happens when Clique is enabled, it sounds like a bug in Clique. I see you've already posted a comment on the Clique download page, so now you'll just have to wait for the author to reply.

As a workaround you can run this command while the mouse is over the frame:

/run GetMouseFocus():EnableMouse(false)

...but you will have to run it again every time you log in, and you may have to run it again during gameplay if Clique re-enables the mouse at some point.
02-16-15, 09:11 PM   #3
Noix
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
If it only happens when Clique is enabled, it sounds like a bug in Clique. I see you've already posted a comment on the Clique download page, so now you'll just have to wait for the author to reply.

As a workaround you can run this command while the mouse is over the frame:

/run GetMouseFocus():EnableMouse(false)

...but you will have to run it again every time you log in, and you may have to run it again during gameplay if Clique re-enables the mouse at some point.
That macro works wonders.. but i dont think its a bug with clique really i went out and tried other versons of the addon (older ones) and issue still there unless he just left out the code for it for every update he has done (possible if nobody reported it as a bug.)
02-16-15, 10:52 PM   #4
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
Not that I know anything about anything but in order to work with Clique, don't frames have to be registered in Clique's ClickCastFrames table? ie. It's up to an addon author (if they know about it) wether their addon is Clique compatible.

Last edited by Fizzlemizz : 02-16-15 at 11:28 PM.
02-16-15, 11:39 PM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

oUF automatically registers frames with Clique.

However, if you told Clique not to do anything with a frame, and it's still doing things with that frame, that's pretty much the very definition of a bug. It's very likely it's never been reported, as I can't imagine "using Clique but wanting no mouse interaction at all with some unit frames" is a very common use-case, especially since the second part of that is kind of the opposite of the whole point of using unit frames for most people.
02-16-15, 11:53 PM   #6
Noix
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz View Post
Not that I know anything about anything but in order to work with Clique, don't frames have to be registered in Clique's ClickCastFrames table? ie. It's up to an addon author (if they know about it) wether their addon is Clique compatible.
it is, they have setting in clique to disable the clicking function.
02-17-15, 12:01 AM   #7
Noix
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
oUF automatically registers frames with Clique.

However, if you told Clique not to do anything with a frame, and it's still doing things with that frame, that's pretty much the very definition of a bug. It's very likely it's never been reported, as I can't imagine "using Clique but wanting no mouse interaction at all with some unit frames" is a very common use-case, especially since the second part of that is kind of the opposite of the whole point of using unit frames for most people.
i think you miss understand what is going on... clique is functioning with an addon that i dont want it to function.. if i didnt want it to function at all with any of my frames i wouldnt install it. soul purpose of me using it is to use it with ELVUI (unit frames) not with oUF_Donut (if you dont know what oUF_Donut is. its a casting ring not really a unit frame to display raid health or party health (maybe your own)).

Anyways. oUF_Donut that i am using is slightly custom made (only using Runic power + Mana + Casting) part of it. so like i said i want to remove the click player frame part
02-17-15, 01:09 AM   #8
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Noix View Post
i think you miss understand what is going on... clique is functioning with an addon that i dont want it to function.. if i didnt want it to function at all with any of my frames i wouldnt install it.
Yes, that part I highlighted in green is exactly what I said -- the problem is that Clique is doing something wrong. That's what a bug is.
02-17-15, 09:15 AM   #9
Noix
A Fallenroot Satyr
Can someone who knows coding more then me (thas everyone lol) tell me what addon that might be cause of my issue from the picture (or what frame) seems like its oUF_Donut.
02-17-15, 12:44 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Did you ever actually check to see what that frame is called?

/fstack
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-17-15, 12:50 PM   #11
Noix
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Did you ever actually check to see what that frame is called?

/fstack
That i did and link an image of the frames that are in that area. Here link again

http://i.imgur.com/YECOWYV.jpg?2

*Edit* here with no addons besides - oUF_Donut - oUF - Clique
http://i.imgur.com/QoFb1GJ.jpg?1

*Edit 2***
Think i might of found the issue. if anyone can help me with this.

If blizzard frame is "Hidden" does that mean it still would register clicks.
Also, Is there way to input a code into it to make it none clickable (frame itself. I have code that i think is doing it) Did some looking around in lua files of an addon.

Last edited by Noix : 02-17-15 at 01:39 PM.
02-17-15, 01:40 PM   #12
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If blizzard frame is "Hidden" does that mean it still would register clicks.
If a frame is properly hidden, the game stops sending mouse events to it. Also, if a frame shows up in /fstack, that just means it's "visible" (being actively rendered by the UI system, even if there are no assets to be seen). It won't tell you if the frame is set up to receive mouse events.

Also, Is there way to input a code into it to make it none clickable (frame itself. I have code that i think is doing it) Did some looking around in lua files of an addon.
If you have the global name of the frame, you can run FrameName:EnableMouse(false). This will tell the game to make the frame ignore the mouse completely.

For example, let's say oUF_DonutPlayerFrame is the culprit. This is highly hypothetical and it may be something else. In this case, you would run oUF_DonutPlayerFrame:EnableMouse(false) and that would force oUF_DonutPlayerFrame to ignore mouse events.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 02-17-15 at 01:52 PM.
02-17-15, 02:03 PM   #13
Noix
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
If a frame is properly hidden, the game stops sending mouse events to it. Also, if a frame shows up in /fstack, that just means it's "visible" (being actively rendered by the UI system, even if there are no assets to be seen). It won't tell you if the frame is set up to receive mouse events.

If you have the global name of the frame, you can run FrameName:EnableMouse(false). This will tell the game to make the frame ignore the mouse completely.

For example, let's say oUF_DonutPlayerFrame is the culprit. This is highly hypothetical and it may be something else. In this case, you would run oUF_DonutPlayerFrame:EnableMouse(false) and that would force oUF_DonutPlayerFrame to ignore mouse events.

Interesting thank you
02-19-15, 11:54 AM   #14
Noix
A Fallenroot Satyr
Its not Clique (95% sure)

So figured i would do some testing and what not and seems like its still there with clique disable now i'm wondering if this could be Blizzard (addons) end or oUF_Donut or oUF doing it.
02-19-15, 12:39 PM   #15
Noix
A Fallenroot Satyr
Need disable player frame or make it ignore mouse over

Sorta like the title is posted.. i am wondering where is the lua code for player frame . i'm having slight issue ATM and seems like author of oUF_Donut is being a slacker lol (or just ignoring it)

ok so here issue.. seems like there an "Invisable frame" player frame from click it that i am able to click on and it selects me. Before you ask, yes i use ** self:EnableMouse(false) ** in spawn.lua (oUF_Donut) didnt fix the issue i also added a custom code (i posted it at the bottom of this question)
so not sure how to make the "Invisable" Player frame none clickable. (if that make sense).

Thank you!.

Image of what i'm talking about
http://i.imgur.com/30J9inb.jpg

Is the post i made to oUF_Donut
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...22273#comments

--Custom code i am talking about-- Note everything from lib:CreateFrameStack(self) is custom code

local function CreateUnitTemplate(self)
self.template = tmp:GetTemplateByName(self.cfg.template)
self:SetSize(256,256)
self:SetScale(self.cfg.scale or 1)
self:SetBackdrop(cfg.backdrop)
--self:RegisterForClicks("AnyDown")
--self:SetScript("OnEnter", UnitFrame_OnEnter)
--self:SetScript("OnLeave", UnitFrame_OnLeave)
self:EnableMouse(false)

lib:CreateFrameStack(self)

self:SetScript("OnUpdate", function(self)
if UnitCanAttack("player", "target") and UnitHealth("target") > 0 then
self:SetAlpha(1)
else
self:SetAlpha(0)
end
end)
end

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » Issue with Invisible frame