10-13-10, 06:42 PM   #21
n2nys
A Kobold Labourer
Carbonite FAIL

Carbonite developers should know better than to ignore their product reliability and neglect to punch it down for 4.0. I registered on wow interface just to say one thing. It's a total fail and I am switching to Spartan UI. Hope ya'll figure it out...Dave

10-13-10, 06:47 PM   #22
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by n2nys View Post
Carbonite developers should know better than to ignore their product reliability and neglect to punch it down for 4.0. I registered on wow interface just to say one thing. It's a total fail and I am switching to Spartan UI. Hope ya'll figure it out...Dave
Thanks, Dave... But what has SpartanUI got to do with Carbonite. It's like comparing apples and.... hand grenades... They're both useful in their own way, but created for two totally different purposes.

But you had your one post (per your stated intent). So I'll just say, seeya! Buh-BYE!!!

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

10-13-10, 11:34 PM   #23
DJ Particle
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Confirmed by a dev: Carbonite 4 is coming - 4.0.1 simply took them by surprise.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...1&postcount=11

10-13-10, 11:45 PM   #24
irishinside
A Kobold Labourer
breathing easy

Thank the Video Game Gods!

10-14-10, 01:17 AM   #25
poturta
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
the only people to blame for carbonite not being 4.0.1 ready is the devs esp if they are using deprecated code which is mega fail. Also you allow selling addon why not let gold farmers sell gold also they both give people an advantage over other which is what blizz doesn't like

10-14-10, 01:38 AM   #26
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by poturta View Post
the only people to blame for carbonite not being 4.0.1 ready is the devs esp if they are using deprecated code which is mega fail. Also you allow selling addon why not let gold farmers sell gold also they both give people an advantage over other which is what blizz doesn't like
You know how many Mod authors were caught off guard with 4.0.1 coming live this quickly - plenty. I wouldn't fault Carbonite or any other mod at all.

Also... which rock have you been under - Blizzard disallowed the selling of; premium/subscription service (Like Carbonite was), access to a site, and the input of advertisements (instead of a sale) into any mod a long, long time ago.

10-14-10, 03:14 AM   #27
zanidis
A Defias Bandit
if i am remembering right back in 2008/2009 there was an error with the free version of carbonite that was displaying a message in game that basically outlined that users had to pay to continue using the addon. the carbonite devs were aware of this problem and trying to sort it out. I'm guessing that at the same time blizz received a lot of different complaints about this, and shortly after the ToC were changed to stop devs charging users to use addons (I'm not blaming carbonite for this, just outlining the problem).

http://www.qj.net/mmorpg/titles/bliz...-directly.html

I personally think the support etc for carbonite was great until then but how are u supposed to keep a "business" running without making money. Users come and moan, but would u want to spend hours of your day(s) trawling through 1000's of lines of code without some kind of payment (we all have bills to pay. Rent/Mortgage, taxes, food.. etc).

I would expect an update to be out once they devs have time to complete all the changes! until then u will just have to keep stressing out about it.

Last edited by zanidis : 10-14-10 at 04:09 AM.

10-14-10, 09:24 AM   #28
Entropyutd
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by n2nys View Post
You are a total fail.
As pointed out already, but I am assuming the hamster running your brain died, so am therefore going to point it out again, Spartan UI has nothing to do with Carbonite.

SpartanUI is a nice little template designed to work with Bartender 4 to tidy up your bars.

See ya Dave!

I'm glad to hear that Carbonite will be updated, although it seems fairly obvious that the Developers do not have much time nowdays, and this in itself could be indicative of the eventual decline of IMO the best add on in the game.

I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts, and am grateful for all the work put into this.
I'll be sending a donation when I get paid, and I suggest everyone else QQing about a FREE, retail quality program not working, should do the same.

10-14-10, 09:45 AM   #29
kerchup
A Kobold Labourer
I am new to this site. A friend got me into carbonite when she realized I was using quest helper. At first I was lost but I got used to it and now use it for everything. I see people are mad because thier precious addon doesn't work. I have news for you. Even if the devs fix carbonite now, with all the bugs and fixes that Blizz needs on thier end, carbonite would prob need to have a couple of fixes. So if they take thier time to come up with a long term solution I'll wait. In the mean time I'll go back to crashing and getting kicked out of BGs and be labled a deserter and freeze up when I enter dungs etc. Update to carbonite is the least of the problems in the game. Keep up the good work to the ones in the trenches!

10-14-10, 10:40 AM   #30
mrprius
A Murloc Raider
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...928#post209928
read this treath then you know the dev's are working on an update

10-14-10, 02:59 PM   #31
Ezmaralda
A Fallenroot Satyr

carbonite

Well It will probably take a few days to fix it. Between this and the login problems on curse.com I am almost pulling my hair out! lol

10-14-10, 06:29 PM   #32
demonheart
A Defias Bandit
carbonite addon

hope they get new version out soon miss carbonite a lot

cant wait to have it back

demonheart (moonglade alliance)

10-14-10, 09:30 PM   #33
[email protected]
A Murloc Raider
They updated it! =D

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite not working in 4.0