06-08-16, 03:08 PM   #41
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I can't wait to ditch my exams and to start working on this project again, 3 more weeks to go. I've also put a lot of effort to think about how should i build up the GUI menu, but i couln't come up with a design yet. I would like it clean easy to find/use stuff while offering a lot of tinkering but to fit every option on the frame. I would like to avoid double scrollframes. Any suggestions?
06-09-16, 07:19 AM   #42
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

PitBull4 unit frames has about the best options lay-out, in my opinion. But, we all know what that is worth. 8^)

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
06-12-16, 12:44 PM   #43
ceylina
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Take a look at IceHUD. Parnic does a great job at a layout setup. If you want to stay constrained to the wow interface panel, take a look at quartz' layout.

On a side note, do you have any plans to break out of the xperl style and allow a lot more frame manipulation like what stuf, discord, elvui, and pitbull offer? Those are great unit frame addons but they are all so bloated from years of tacking on patches and sloppy workarounds that they tend to get bogged down in their own pile of features.
06-12-16, 02:33 PM   #44
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
Originally Posted by ceylina View Post
Those are great unit frame addons but they are all so bloated from years of tacking on patches and sloppy workarounds that they tend to get bogged down in their own pile of features.
I was thinking this morning it would be nice to create a new UF addon from scratch to replace DUF that also includes the ability to import a DUF layout. It really is messy in there and admittedly, some of it is mine.

Resike, looking forward to seeing the final outcome.
06-12-16, 04:51 PM   #45
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Originally Posted by ceylina View Post
Take a look at IceHUD. Parnic does a great job at a layout setup. If you want to stay constrained to the wow interface panel, take a look at quartz' layout.

On a side note, do you have any plans to break out of the xperl style and allow a lot more frame manipulation like what stuf, discord, elvui, and pitbull offer? Those are great unit frame addons but they are all so bloated from years of tacking on patches and sloppy workarounds that they tend to get bogged down in their own pile of features.
Yes, a layout design is in a planning state, where you will be able to change the looks of the frames simply just by switching layouts. And anyone will be able to create a new layout for the addon.
I'll release at least 2 layout myself, an X-Perl look and a more square unit frame layout which looks like Gladius/Shadowed Unit Frames. At least thats in the plan. I'm just not sure if the layout design will make it to the initial release with full funciton or not.

I'm really happy with the core functions of the addon atm, but coding the GUI options where the user can change everything is the pain in the ass.
07-03-16, 05:57 AM   #46
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Little late to the discussion but I wanted to suggest a config layout. Ouf_Abu's is wonderful imho.
Just my 2˘.

Last edited by Syxx : 07-03-16 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Meh
07-30-16, 10:33 AM   #47
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
We are pretty close for the beta testing boys.
07-30-16, 11:42 AM   #48
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Finally.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)
07-30-16, 05:18 PM   #49
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I've been a long time X-Perl user during BC, maybe it's finally time to go back
07-31-16, 09:46 PM   #50
Stopdotnroll
A Kobold Labourer
z-perl 2 = amazing

I don't know how to play WoW without z-perl. Your work on x-perl was great. So a z-perl reboot makes me hella excited!
08-01-16, 05:57 AM   #51
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Resike View Post
We are pretty close for the beta testing boys.
I can't wait!
09-15-16, 07:51 AM   #52
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
I'm still working on this like a boss, but it's just not ready (hides in the corner).
I'll create a feautre update video soon.
02-06-17, 02:51 PM   #53
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Exams over, i'm back on track again.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » Z-Perl 2