04-21-14, 06:08 PM   #1
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
Overachever

Ok i used overachever. But now it seems done. Is there one like it? I missing knowing if i need something done.
04-21-14, 07:09 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What's "done" about it? I haven't noticed any problems.
04-22-14, 12:07 AM   #3
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
Errors up the ahole. Hasnt been updated since forever.
04-22-14, 05:21 AM   #4
Sharparam
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

As Phanx, I haven't experienced any issues with overachiever either, and I use it all the time. Could this be some collision with another addon?

Edit: It would also help if you told us what errors you are getting. Install !BugGrabber with BugSack/Swatter if you haven't, which makes it easier to see errors, and gives more usable information about them.

Last edited by Sharparam : 04-22-14 at 05:23 AM.
04-22-14, 08:14 AM   #5
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
Ive tryed disableing everything. Then just having this and still get errors.
04-22-14, 08:20 AM   #6
Sharparam
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

But what are these errors you are getting?
04-23-14, 12:45 PM   #7
SannaSK
An Aku'mai Servant
not OP but long-time user of Overachiever. I haven't been getting errors in the 'caught by Swatter' sense, but one of the main reasons I use OA is for the 'adds a line to the tooltip, telling me if I need to kill/love/hug/eat/cook this thing for an achievement.' Ever since account-wide achieves went in, OA hasn't been updated to distinguish between "another character completed this achievement but not the one I'm on now" and "this character doesn't need to kill/etc because they are done with the achieve."

If patching this via a fan update of a file or two is viable, I would totally give much internet appreciation to the person/s who could do such a thing. Or is it simpler/easier/better/possible to have a standalone addon that only does the 'add a line to the tooltip' part? I don't know much about LUA.
04-23-14, 01:07 PM   #8
def9
A Cobalt Mageweaver

@Sanna I've been using TurnTheScrews to help see the kind of thing such as if my current character still needs a specific achievement. Its not perfect but it helps a bit.
04-23-14, 06:25 PM   #9
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by SannaSK View Post
Ever since account-wide achieves went in, OA hasn't been updated to distinguish between "another character completed this achievement but not the one I'm on now" and "this character doesn't need to kill/etc because they are done with the achieve."
Well, there is definitely a more addon-specific solution possible, but I solved that problem UI-wide by replacing the GetAchievementInfo API function to behave as it did before they added account-wide achievements, since I don't really care about account-wide achievements and don't have any addons that care about them either, and this was easier than updating every single addon that checks an achievement. I've been using it since they implemented account-wide achievements, and haven't encountered any problems resulting from it. Feel free to use it; just drop it in any addon file, or make a small addon out of it:

Code:
local orig_GetAchievementInfo = GetAchievementInfo
function GetAchievementInfo(...)
	local id, name, points, accountCompleted, month, day, year, description, flags, image, rewardText, isGuild, characterCompleted, whoCompleted = orig_GetAchievementInfo(...)
	return id, name, points, characterCompleted, month, day, year, description, flags, image, rewardText, isGuild, characterCompleted, whoCompleted
end
04-28-14, 02:42 PM   #10
SannaSK
An Aku'mai Servant
Pardon my silence, but life was very lifey this weekend.

@def9 - thank you for the link... I'm having "yes it's installed but no it's not doing anything" issues with Turn the Screws, but that's probably not content that belongs in this thread. Also, looking at the smidge of info given, I'm not sure that addon does anything that helps me do what I want to do. It says it hides achieves completed by any character, which is.... kind of counter to what I'm looking for. I'm specifically wanting /more/ information about achieves that have been completed by my other characters but not the one I'm on right now.

@Phanx - I appreciate you posting that code, but I think I may not be leet enough to use it. I took the code, made the addon on the website you linked, installed it, and... nothing happened...? But also, I'm not sure what I should be looking for. Does it give me data in the tooltip, IE, OA's 'red line'? Does it modify something in the achievement interface? etc.

The OP wasn't specific on what parts of Overachiever s/he was looking to replace, so I sort of fear I'm hijacking the thread, but since I too am looking to replace the currently-nonfunctional parts of OA, I guess it's not too off-topic. I guess my request would be, "I want the red line in the tooltip back... what addon will do that, regardless of the 'completed by another character' status of the given achievement?"
04-28-14, 04:18 PM   #11
Phanx
Cat.

... I'm not sure what I should be looking for. Does it give me data in the tooltip, IE, OA's 'red line'? Does it modify something in the achievement interface? etc.
All it does is remove the game's ability to recognize whether achievements were completed by your other characters. It does not add or modify any UI parts, or do anything specific to any addon.

Normally when the default UI, or an addon, asks the game for information about an achievement that was completed on another character but not the current one, the game will say "yes and no". The code I posted will make it just say "no" instead. This prevents addons that haven't been updated for account-wide achievements from getting confused, and prevents the default acheivement UI from showing achievements as complete that haven't been completed by the current character, etc. Basically, the game will no longer know anything about account-wide achievements, and will go back to the way it worked before they were added.

I too am looking to replace the currently-nonfunctional parts of OA ... I want the red line in the tooltip back... what addon will do that, regardless of the 'completed by another character' status of the given achievement?
The red lines work fine for me, with the code I posted previously running as a standalone addon. Paste it into the big box in the middle of the page I linked before, change the text in the small box at the top of the page from "MyFirstAddon" to something that describes the addon (eg. "CharacterAchievements" or "NoAccountAchievements" or anything else that will remind you what it does), and click the green button below the box. The ZIP file you get is just like the ZIP file you get when you download any other addon. Unzip it into your AddOns folder and restart WoW.
04-28-14, 06:26 PM   #12
SannaSK
An Aku'mai Servant
Followed these instructions, still not getting a red line in the tooltip... tested on mousing over a not-dead and a dead Glorious mob, plus mousing over Wildfowl Roast (related: attached screenshot showing 'definitely don't have achieve credit for eating this food' plus the tooltip for the food).

Running Overachiever, Tiptac, and GloriousDrops... plus Informant, and I think that's all that deals with tooltips... I attached the code.lua, which is in the 'RemoveAccountwideAchieves' (what I called it), just in case I... managed to copy-paste wrong? It's happened before, haha : < ( *shakes fist at years-old javascript* ).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OA-and-code_ap28_14.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	8073  
Attached Files
File Type: lua code.lua (569 Bytes, 201 views)
04-28-14, 07:39 PM   #13
Tactica
Not Amused

Nobody mentioned options?

Not sure if that could be the problem...

Last edited by Tactica : 04-28-14 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Removed 1st img: not relevant
04-28-14, 08:37 PM   #14
SannaSK
An Aku'mai Servant
oh for the love of-

* checks *

ok, yes, I am a nub.... at least partly. I checked my Overachiever options... and I 100% guarantee that some of the things that were unchecked were things that I KNOW that in the past I checked to be on (show me the infos!)... so I wonder if something happened to my saved variables or if an OA update changed them. But yes, I deserve to be called all the nubs for not thinking of checking the options.

But considering at least two other guildies were, just today, saying "Man I miss how Overachiever used to track things like that," I'm slightly leaning towards thinking that an update changed something, unchecked some boxes. But hey, they'll be happy to hear the (partial) solution, lol.

- - - - - - -

Ok so, the last half hour of testing have yielded some... odd results.

With OA enabled and the Phanx-code 'remove accountwide achievements' disabled:
Issues solved: 'haven't cooked it yet,' 'haven't eaten it yet.' The tooltip lines and the icon in the cooking box display properly (even though mousing over the icons for those achievements in the OA options screen shows that OA erroneously thinks this char has completed the Panda 'eat one of all these' achievements).

With OA /and/ the Phanx-code enabled, and with OA option 'Kill Creature Achievements' checked: mousing over a Glorious mob that I have not killed on this char does not give me a red line in the tooltip (or a green line saying 'yes it's been killed', was that a thing OA did? I feel like it was, but it's been a while).
Also, while mousing over Ewe for http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=1206 (still with OA+Phanx-code enabled), there is no line about 'need to love' or 'have loved'.

Also! In the OA options, you can mouse over the little icon near the checkboxes, and it will show you a tooltip of what OA believes that character has and has not completed. OA believes this char has completed all 4 /love achieves, the kill-critter achieve, Well Read + Higher Learning, all 4 'fish these nodes' achieves, all 6 in the 'tastes like chicken' category (some of those this char has done, but not the Panda ones)..... but correctly reads the uncompleted status of Limnologist/Oceanographer. Also, correctly reads the uncompleted Medium/Bloody Rare and Northern Exposure, but believes Glorious is completed.

And my Wow client just froze up again and it's bedtime anyway.

TLDR: Options fixed a couple things (eat/cook) but not many others (love/kill-critter/kill Glorious).
04-28-14, 09:44 PM   #15
Tactica
Not Amused

Interesting...

Phanx's little code snippet works fine. However don't use http://addon.bool.no/ to generate the addon! For some reason this method does not work. I dropped the snippet into the bottom of an addon Phanx helped me with and it worked just fine.

Now my acheesements are no longer account wide! Also Overachiever tracks Glorious! just fine

Pending on what addons you have you may be able to drop the code into the core.lua with a text editor like notepad or Notepad++. Do NOT place it in the Overachiever.lua as this did not work for me. I don't know which addons you use thus it's hard to say what may work at this point. I can confirm placing it within the Chatter core works.

Perhaps the great all knowing Phanx will enlighten us as to why the compiler method doesn't work...

Last edited by Tactica : 04-29-14 at 12:16 AM.
04-29-14, 07:05 AM   #16
Phanx
Cat.

I don't know what to tell you guys. I just used http://addon.bool.no/ to generate an addon, and it's identical to the addon I already made manually ages ago. I even loaded it in-game and it works exactly the same. For example, when I look at the achievement UI on a character that has not done any of the Noblegarden achievements, without the addon, they're all shown as completed (because other characters on my account have done them); with the addon, they're shown as incomplete. Same goes for the kill-related tooltip lines from Overachiever; I'm still seeing them on critters -- my level 1 auction alt has not killed any critters, gets a green "already killed" line without the addon, red "need to kill" line with it. I didn't go find a rare spawn to check, but I assume it would also show the same thing.

You guys must be doing something wrong, but I have no idea what could possibly go wrong with a simple copy-paste... I've attached the working ZIP file in any case. If it still doesn't work, then I guess you have gremlins, and there's not really anything else I can do to help you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CharAchievements.zip (564 Bytes, 360 views)
04-29-14, 08:26 AM   #17
Tactica
Not Amused

I haz gremlins?

Dey be eatin' muh copy buttonz mon! Is there an addon to get rid of the gremlins?

I got mine working by incorporating it into the CA code, which is cleaner for me anyway. Maybe the one you posted will work for them. I Compared that one you attached with the one I generated and it is the same. However, I did not test this on my code toon so after maintenance I will test again.

Last edited by Tactica : 04-29-14 at 08:29 AM.
04-29-14, 12:34 PM   #18
SannaSK
An Aku'mai Servant
Yay! Success! Running Phanx's zip file as an addon seems to solve all the problems. Food need-to-eat/cook shows up, Glorious need-to-kill shows up in the mouse-over-mob tooltip, has-loved shows up in a critter tooltip (so i assume need-to-love and need-to/has-killed will too).

Looking at the OA options and mousing over those little icons still gives me incorrect information, but those are not really important. Functionally, the red lines work again, for everything I can think to look for and have looked for. Yay!!
04-29-14, 12:43 PM   #19
Tactica
Not Amused

Confirmed this zip contents do load.
Looking at the OA options and mousing over those little icons still gives me incorrect information, but those are not really important. Functionally, the red lines work again, for everything I can think to look for and have looked for. Yay!!
More than likely this would need to be fixed in the OverAchiever core...happy squirrel hunting!

EDIT: It wasn't gremlins:

Turns out that a Kneebiter, Anklerender, Toenibbler and Footlasher decided to have a Beach Ball match against some Kidnapped Puppies on the Timeless Isle. Apparently when one of the puppies tried to retrieve a ball it facepulled a Kilnmaster which also aggro'd the High Priest. In a desperate attempt to flee from the Fire Storm he ran the wrong way and facepulled Arch! Granted they made an extreme effort to down all that was pulled. In fact after clearing all the other trash they got him down to 9% before he reset. They tore all my files to shreds fighting over who was going to pay the repair bill...

In other words I have no clue why the compiled code wasn't working last night.

Last edited by Tactica : 04-29-14 at 02:17 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Overachever