04-23-14, 02:47 PM   #1
Bearlyhealz
Premium Member
Grid Profiles

I have grid setup the way I want it and have selected a profile name. When I log out of the game, i guess it resets grid because when I log back into wow I have to set up grid again from scratch. Can someone tell me or show me where it explains how to set up a new profile and save that profile so it will be there when I log back into wow. Please help.
04-23-14, 07:40 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Changes you make are immediately applied to the currently selected profile. You don't have to do anything extra to save them. They're automatically saved as soon as you make them.

When you select a different profile in the "Existing Profiles" menu, you're telling the addon "stop using any settings from the current profile, and load all the settings from this other profile instead".

Most likely you should just ignore the Profiles panel entirely. Leave the "Default" profile selected, and set things up however you want. Since the "Default" profile is -- as its name suggests -- the default profile used by all characters unless you select a different one, your settings will then be shared between all your characters, without you needing to do anything.

If you want to set up multiple profiles -- for example, one to use for tanking, and one to use for healing -- you need to switch to the desired profile before you make your changes. If you want to use one profile as the base for another, make your new profile first, and then use the "Copy From" menu to copy the settings from the old profile into the new one, and then make your changes. Then on each character, to into the Profiles panel, and select the profile you want to use from the "Existing Profiles" menu.

All changes are made only to the currently selected profile, and do not affect any other profiles, even if the current profile was copied from another one. This is how all addons that use the AceDB-3.0 profile system work -- if you see the same Profiles options panel that you see in Grid in any other addon, it works exactly the same way.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Grid Profiles