02-24-15, 07:59 PM   #1
jessica
A Cyclonian
Please some author make a reborn of nurfed UI?

Ive been a fan of nurfed ui for many years and I would love for this fully addon pack UI to be reborn and once more working, if you are an author who would like to get a project going, maybe take this to consideration, I'm sure nurfed guys will give permission as they discounted the addon pack years ago.

Ive found a link to download one that suppose to be working, but it's not working for me, all the addons are in red color, and if I edit the toc file and make it 6000 the number inside, it will be yellow in the addon list but then nothing is working.

[Edit] Don't post links to off-site downloads ~Cairenn

here is the link.

Last edited by Cairenn : 02-25-15 at 10:37 PM.
02-25-15, 04:13 PM   #2
Tim
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can't just edit the toc number and expect something to work. Nurfed UI framework hasn't been updated in quite sometime so I'd expect much of it would have to be rewritten. I was a fan of the Nurfed HUD back in vanilla thus why I recreated the Twin Dragon HUD sort of. Google image search I cannot find any images showing that kyara interface to try and give you alternatives.

Doing a search here on WI for Reborn the most recent one updated was in 2013 (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fanupdate.html). You *might* be able to get away with using that ui as long as you update every addon in the list. However, you will need to find out where the reborn textures are stored so you don't delete them. Also, I see in that addon list it has both BigWigs AND DBM, don't install both of those as only 1 boss mod is needed.
Battle Tag: Mysterio#11164
Current PC Setup: PCPartPicker List
02-25-15, 06:07 PM   #3
jessica
A Cyclonian
Tim, thanks for the information, but I don't know what that link is, I'm looking for nurfed ui and unitframes, and that doesn't look like nurfed to the slightest.

You might thought I was looking for something called "reborn" but no, I meant the word reborn to nurfed, as in. I hope somebody to get nurfed back to life kinda a thing.

like a metaphor for bringing back nurfed, thats all. Didn't mean that I'm looking for a UI called "reborn"
02-25-15, 08:49 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

Can you post a screenshot of what exactly you want your UI to look like? Google Image searching for "nurfed UI" brings up a lot of really horrible things like this:

...and I just can't imagine anyone actually wanting their UI to look like this, so you must mean something else.
02-25-15, 09:30 PM   #5
jessica
A Cyclonian
phanx hi, I love your work, i actually use phanxBuffs

anyway, the nurfed ui had different unitframes & actionbars, with some other cool stuff like changing the chat, bags, combat log, map slightly...but I can replace some of the stuff with newer addons, like dominos for action bars and other things too. the image you posted had other things like old blizz raidframes which isn't nurfed.

but here's what I want you to see.

http://www.curseforge.com/media/imag...710_192256.jpg

mainly everything I can get, but what I would really love is this old nurfed unitframe look, you see the party members, and the player & the target, it also shows smaller target of target, and target of target of target on the top of the target frame.

and that same minimap that has the same texture of unitframes, is what I'm trying to do, then ill use dominos with it for action bars, and other boss addon, and i'm done
02-25-15, 10:22 PM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

Those unitframes look pretty similar to XPerl/ZPerl/any other Perl clone, and probably wouldn't be difficult to recreate in Shadowed UF, Stuf, or PitBull4.

The border appears to just be the default tooltip border, so pick any minimap addon that lets you apply a border texture, and tell it to use the Blizzard Tooltip style.

The cooldown bar next to the party frames was probably Forte back then; today your main options are CoolLine or SexyCooldown, though most "everything cast/buff related" addons like Raven and Ellipsis also provide that feature.

You can move the quest tracker with Who Framed Watcher Wabbit?.

Damage meter - Numeration, Skada, Recount, Details, etc.

Pretty much everything else in that screenshot just looks like the default UI.
02-25-15, 11:08 PM   #7
Tim
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Doh, I misread your title, it says "reborn of Nurfed" not "reborn OR nurfed" lol. Disregard that link for the reborn ui. :P
Battle Tag: Mysterio#11164
Current PC Setup: PCPartPicker List

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Please some author make a reborn of nurfed UI?