03-11-13, 05:48 PM   #1
Motig
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
BardCraft, looking for some input

Hey everyone

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question since this addon isn't actually released yet. But the description kind of fit the question.

I always thought it'd be kind of neat/fun if there was an addon that would allow you to play along some of the ingame WoW songs "guitar hero" style. A while ago I started working on realizing the addon and today it's nearing completion. However I still need to chart out a few more songs and I was hoping to ask here what kind of songs people would like to see in BardCraft. Any other feedback on the screenshots or questions in general are also much appreciated!

Some screenshots of the addon in action, note some texts/graphics are still placeholder.
BardCraft on imgur
03-11-13, 06:36 PM   #2
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Very cool. Though I misread the title at first as 'BadCraft'

Hey, I've been doing LFD lately
03-11-13, 06:51 PM   #3
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
That looks amazing! Just a reminder though, you probably thought about this already, but you'll have to use songs of which you have the permission to use/distribute them. Unless you're only using in-game music?

The songs from L90ETC are perfect candidates of course.

I love the UI too, although a flashier design on the notes and the bars would be nice, with a bright glow for example.
03-11-13, 07:12 PM   #4
Motig
A Fallenroot Satyr

Cheers guys! Yeah I'm only using music that's in the game files, they're being chained together to create a song. Sadly there's only one L70ETC song in the game files so I'll only be able to use the Power of the Horde song.

The note stuff actually looks a lot better in motion, when you're holding down a note for a "long note", there's an animated glow around the button. And when you hit a single note a glow emits out of it. The fire and smoke at the top of the background picture are also animated. The notes themselves are also supposed to be the right color, they're all red at the moment.
03-12-13, 08:46 PM   #5
Unkn
Premium Member

Wow that's just neat!
03-13-13, 08:45 AM   #6
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Motig View Post
I always thought it'd be kind of neat/fun if there was an addon that would allow you to play along some of the ingame WoW songs "guitar hero" style.
http://i.imgur.com/SA9XQ.gif

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » BardCraft, looking for some input