07-17-15, 09:35 AM   #1
parapet
A Murloc Raider
GnomeSequencer not loading

From what I have read here GS should show up in the addons menu. It doesn't for me. I have checked all the items listed: single folder, rename to Sequences.lua, make sure it's the only WoW folder, and so on. Everything was okay. In order to eliminate my macros as a possible problem in the Sequences.lua file, I simply resaved ExampleSequences.lua as Sequences.lua and did not add anything to it. It still never shows up in the addons menu, nor does it work in-game. Any idea what I might be missing?
07-17-15, 11:24 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
As I think you already know, if it doesn't show up in the addon menu on the character select screen, then it most definitely is installed incorrectly.

Delete what you have (since I'm not sure if you may have messed something up) and redownload the file. Here are four ways to get your addon installed correctly:
  1. Right-click the .zip file that downloaded.If you have 7-zip or another 3rd party utility, select "Extract Here" from its context menu.
  2. Right-click the .zip file that downloaded.If you are using the basic Windows extraction utility (right-click and "Extract all..."), make sure that you don't extract the contents of the zip file into a newly created folder named after the .zip file. (This usually means removing the last folder name from the file path it tells you it will extract the contents to.) If you end up doing so on accident, this is called "folder-in-folder syndrome". Simply open the folder named after the .zip, and the addon folder should be inside. You can just drag it out.
  3. **easy** Double-click the .zip file to open it like a folder. Drag out the addon folder.
  4. **super easy** Download and install Minion, our addon manager, to install it for you.

When using methods 1-3, make sure your addon folder then goes to <WoW Directory>\Interface\AddOns

/edit: in the end you will have this in your GS directory:
Code:
Interface\AddOns\GnomeSequencer\
...\...\...\Core.lua
...\...\...\errorhandler.lua
...\...\...\ExampleSequences.lua
...\...\...\GnomeSequencer.toc
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Last edited by Seerah : 07-17-15 at 11:28 AM.
07-17-15, 05:52 PM   #3
parapet
A Murloc Raider
I downloaded and installed Minion, had it install GnomeSequencer, renamed the file to Sequences.lua, and it still does not show up in the addons menu. :-( FYI, my computer uses Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, "Load out of date addons" box is checked. Wow version 6.2.0 (20253)(Release x64). Not sure if you need any of that, but in case you do...
07-17-15, 06:12 PM   #4
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by parapet View Post
I downloaded and installed Minion, had it install GnomeSequencer, renamed the file to Sequences.lua, and it still does not show up in the addons menu. :-( FYI, my computer uses Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, "Load out of date addons" box is checked. Wow version 6.2.0 (20253)(Release x64). Not sure if you need any of that, but in case you do...
The .lua file needs to be reference in the .toc or some other file that has been referenced in the .toc. Also, the .toc file name has to be the same as the name of the folder it is in.

I'm not sure why you would want to rename files/folders.

Last edited by Fizzlemizz : 07-17-15 at 06:15 PM.
07-17-15, 07:02 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Post the complete file path you have all the way down to the GnomeSequencer.toc file.

Or post a screenshot of the inside of the addon folder that shows the file path.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-18-15, 08:32 AM   #6
parapet
A Murloc Raider
File path is F:\WoW\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\GnomeSequencer\GnomeSequencer.toc
07-18-15, 12:12 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Open Minion:
  1. Select WoW (if not already selected)
  2. click Options along the top row of tabs
  3. note the path listed for addons

Open your Battle.net launcher:
  1. click the Battle.net logo in the top left to open the menu
  2. go to Settings
  3. go to Game Install/Update
  4. note the path listed for WoW

(If you do not use the Battle.net launcher to open WoW, right-click the shortcut you use to run the game, go to Properties and note the Target path it is pointed to.)

Do these file paths match each other?

07-20-15, 08:52 AM   #8
parapet
A Murloc Raider
Thank you for the catch on that.. when I installed WoW I chose my F: drive for installation, but did not realize it installed on the C: drive as well. Not cool AFAIC. But copying the folder over to the installation on the C: drive got GS into the addons menu... thank you very much!
07-20-15, 11:50 AM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You can make the launcher point to the F: drive install instead and delete the C: drive one if you want.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » GnomeSequencer not loading