07-15-14, 08:14 PM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
WoWInterface is offering WoD Beta Invites to all our active, registered authors

Hopefully Blizzard will be enabling AddOns in the Warlords of Draenor™ beta shortly. And as you can always count on, we’re taking care of you guys. We’re starting to submit author accounts to Blizzard so that you can have at least a few days to play before it’s time to get down to work on updating your AddOns.

This is not a contest! If you are an AddOn author that hosts with us and you have been keeping your AddOns current, you are eligible for a key!

Once they have been enabled and you get the chance to get your AddOn ready for beta testing in the expansion, upload it to our Warlords of Draenor™ beta download category and then be sure to check back in our Warlords of Draenor™ beta forums for possible feedback.

It is going to work a little bit differently this year, as Blizzard is handling it differently on their end. In previous years we would either send a list of email addresses to Blizzard and they would send you an email with the beta key for you to apply, or they would send us a bunch of keys which we would hand out. Instead, they are now enabling accounts directly. That means that this year we will have to ask you for your battlet.net email address, which we will then send to Blizzard and they will flag your account at their discretion. When they flag your account, they will send you an email giving you information letting you know. Alternately, you can watch for the flag on your account page on the Blizzard site. They typically flag accounts on Monday evenings, so we will be sending in our most recent list to them on Fridays. We'll post the number ranges when we have sent the list to Blizzard.

Let the fun begin! Sign up now for your Warlords of Draenor™ Beta key.

Rules:
  • You must have an active World of Warcraft account.
  • You must be an addon author with one or more files on the site that are current to 5.4.x (Compilations & "Hello world" or its equivalent do not count).
  • You must include your Battle.net email address. (It will be sent to Blizzard so your account can be flagged for beta).
  • Do not upload addons that are not your own. Anyone caught uploading someone else's work will be banned from the site. All AddOns submitted are manually checked.
  • Blizzard and WoWInterface reserve the right to deny anyone access.
  • Account must be registered before July 10th 2014.

Like & Follow us on... Facebook Twitter Google+

[Edit] Tracking numbers 001 through 057 sent to Blizzard, 18 July
Tracking numbers 058 through 116 inclusive sent to Blizzard, 25 July
Tracking numbers 117 through 143 inclusive sent to Blizzard, 01 Aug
Tracking numbers 144 through 156 inclusive sent to Blizzard, 8 Aug
Tracking numbers 157 through 173 inclusive sent to Blizzard, 15 Aug
Tracking numbers 174 through 200 inclusive sent to Blizzard, 29 Aug
Tracking numbers 201 through 215 inclusive sent to Blizzard, 12 Sept

Last edited by Cairenn : 09-12-14 at 04:19 PM.
07-16-14, 02:49 AM   #2
Cidrei
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
A huge thank you to WoWInterface, Cairenn, and Blizzard for providing authors the opportunity to get beta keys for the new expansion once again!
07-16-14, 04:24 AM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Rules:
  • You must have an active World of Warcraft account.
Guess I'll be waiting for the open beta, then!
07-16-14, 04:47 AM   #4
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Fun fact. My guildmates got me to re-sub just yesterday. This madness.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)
07-16-14, 05:45 AM   #5
DeathMaster
A Kobold Labourer
Oh this is great. I hope my tiny little addon qualifies though.
07-16-14, 08:51 AM   #6
Uitat
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thank you all

I'm glad this will be able to happen as my current development is actually geared to WoD and not current Content,

Lots of hugs and thanks guys, your wonderful and I'm glad you have a good relationship with Blizzard Entertainment
07-16-14, 11:54 AM   #7
Bl4ckSh33p
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Awesome! I wanted to wait for a new sub for the 6.0 prepatch but now it seems to be a good time to re-enable it.
You need a subscription, right? My Account was "Frozen".

/edit: *hitting F5 every 5 seconds*

Last edited by Bl4ckSh33p : 07-16-14 at 12:49 PM.
07-17-14, 02:47 AM   #8
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Originally Posted by Bl4ckSh33p View Post
Awesome! I wanted to wait for a new sub for the 6.0 prepatch but now it seems to be a good time to re-enable it.
You need a subscription, right? My Account was "Frozen".

/edit: *hitting F5 every 5 seconds*
Your addons also need to be updated to at least 5.4. Compilations & "Hello world" or its equivalent do not count XD.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
07-17-14, 07:21 AM   #9
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
I'm in the same boat, oh well.
07-17-14, 08:05 AM   #10
Bl4ckSh33p
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Or you can hit the subscribe button?
07-17-14, 12:03 PM   #11
Phanx
Cat.

Yeah, but why pay $15 for a chance to maybe have my account flagged for beta access sometime in the future?

I'm fine with waiting anyway, since I'm not interested in actually playing the beta, only in doing addon stuff, and addons aren't enabled yet. As it stands there's nothing about WoD that I'm really excited about... time travel and alternate universe themes are generally pretty good ways to lose my interest, and all of the gameplay changes seemed primarily aimed at making the game more attractive to Facebook/iPhone gamers, and I'm generally unhappy with the "pay to win" direction Blizzard seems to be heading with paid level boosts and such.

The only thing I'm even a little excited about is the character model update, but I lost most of my excitement after actually seeing the new models... the new female dwarf looks like a meth addict, and while I understand that the primary audience for this project are straight dudes, it's disappointing that they clearly spent hours and hours giving all the female models nice round backsides and giant breasts (with weird dark outlines on the cleavage to make sure you don't miss it!), yet the male models still have behinds as flat as Keanu Reeves' range of facial expressions (which looks particularly odd on a model like the male orc, when every other part of his body is covered in huge bulging muscles... I guess he skipped glute decade at the gym). Where is the love for the ladies (and gay gentlemen) Blizz?

Last edited by Phanx : 07-17-14 at 12:05 PM.
07-17-14, 12:20 PM   #12
Uitat
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Yeah, but why pay $15 for a chance to maybe have my account flagged for beta access sometime in the future?

I'm fine with waiting anyway, since I'm not interested in actually playing the beta, only in doing addon stuff, and addons aren't enabled yet. As it stands there's nothing about WoD that I'm really excited about... time travel and alternate universe themes are generally pretty good ways to lose my interest, and all of the gameplay changes seemed primarily aimed at making the game more attractive to Facebook/iPhone gamers, and I'm generally unhappy with the "pay to win" direction Blizzard seems to be heading with paid level boosts and such.

The only thing I'm even a little excited about is the character model update, but I lost most of my excitement after actually seeing the new models... the new female dwarf looks like a meth addict, and while I understand that the primary audience for this project are straight dudes, it's disappointing that they clearly spent hours and hours giving all the female models nice round backsides and giant breasts (with weird dark outlines on the cleavage to make sure you don't miss it!), yet the male models still have behinds as flat as Keanu Reeves' range of facial expressions (which looks particularly odd on a model like the male orc, when every other part of his body is covered in huge bulging muscles... I guess he skipped glute decade at the gym). Where is the love for the ladies (and gay gentlemen) Blizz?
have faith Phanx, you still have hope left in the blood elf males, maybe they will have that strong masculine behind you desire
07-17-14, 02:42 PM   #13
SkOODaT
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

this is awesome and ty got my addons all updated/uploaded and seems like i got a pretty low number hopefully will be in first batch
07-17-14, 03:15 PM   #14
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by SkOODaT View Post
this is awesome and ty got my addons all updated/uploaded and seems like i got a pretty low number hopefully will be in first batch
Capitalizing every word is annoying by the way.
07-17-14, 10:01 PM   #15
10leej
A Molten Giant

Makes me sad too >.> I suppose I can dig up $15 but I thought WoD was still in alpha....
07-18-14, 03:33 AM   #16
Bl4ckSh33p
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

But if you subscribe you dont have to be lucky to get a key (I was subscribed about 8,5 years but never got an invite from opt-in). It says "This is not a contest! If you are an AddOn author that hosts with us and you have been keeping your AddOns current, you are eligible for a key!"

I did not take a closer look at the new models yet but I hope the male models will be nice, too.
07-18-14, 04:27 AM   #17
Vlad
A Molten Giant

Never gotten any beta invites, been a subscriber since 2004. That's 10 years of past history and payments done to Blizzard. So yeah they don't care about your history, it's totally random who gets betas. Luckily I am quite nifty with the internets so I always get one that I want through wowi, curse, ignprime, e.g. Just shame they, Blizzard, don't value certain members more than others, like addon authors this year. Was great for Cataclysm, wowi only required you to be an active addon developer and to queue for a key, that was great.
07-18-14, 05:12 AM   #18
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Okay, you guys are confusing the heck out of me. If you are an author who has an up-to-date addon with us, your name gets submitted to Blizz and you get an invite. Where are you coming up with all this "zomg I won't get a key this year" stuff?

Last edited by Cairenn : 07-18-14 at 05:26 AM.
07-18-14, 06:03 AM   #19
Uitat
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Okay, you guys are confusing the heck out of me. If you are an author who has an up-to-date addon with us, your name gets submitted to Blizz and you get an invite. Where are you coming up with all this "zomg I won't get a key this year" stuff?
glad im in the on this there
07-18-14, 07:05 AM   #20
SkOODaT
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
Capitalizing every word is annoying by the way.
So lol I Like It That Way!

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » WoWInterface is offering WoD Beta Invites to all our active, registered authors