Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
07-13-14, 08:36 PM   #1
Kreelor
A Firelord

Original Carbonite addon

If I'm remembering correctly, years ago the Original Carbonite addon was listed on wowinterface as a "Standalone" addon. (It's now listed under "Featured" addons). Carbonite was self-contained and didn't rely upon other addons and that used to be one of the reasons many people chose it. It eliminated the need to have multiple addons. Of course, the original developers were usually very quick in fixing issues and answering questions on the forums. At least they were up until the very end.

I have no idea why so many people are choosing to use the "Release" version of Carbonite, since it's so far out-of-date, that it's barely useable.

Now, I'm beginning to see the trend toward having Carbonite function only when all the other addons are up-to-date. Carbonite is no longer a standalone addon, since it has now become dependent upon other addon authors to keep their addons up-to-date. What will happen when the other addon authors disappear from WoW (like so many of them have done already). Maybe soon, Carbonite's only function will be the Google mapping system?

I'm referring to Carbonite's beta version, since that is the only version of Carbonite that has had any major work done on it, and there is still much more needed. Frequent updates are rare or even non-existent.

Last edited by Kreelor : 07-16-14 at 01:37 PM. Reason: added a sentence then fixed a typo

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Original Carbonite addon