09-28-14, 06:41 AM   #1
JonJonz
A Murloc Raider
Vendor or Auction, is Auction, avg price

Is there an addon or group of addons that will:
- scan my inventory and mark items that sell in the AH for more than the vending option.
- give me some idea as to the current or average AH buy price for items in inventory, without having to physically be at an auctioneer?

If not, what is the next best alternative?
09-28-14, 07:55 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's not possible for an addon to gather any information about AH prices without actually going to the AH and interacting with the NPC. Either you have to go visit the AH yourself, or get data from someone else.

There are plenty of addons that will keep track of the average price for items based on your visits to the AH; just browse the auction addon category and take your pick.
09-28-14, 08:15 AM   #3
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

AuctioneerSuite
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...neerSuite.html

MarketWatcher
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...etWatcher.html
10-01-14, 01:29 PM   #4
JonJonz
A Murloc Raider
Re-pharse and Thanks

I will most definitely try those two sites/addons.

I guess could rephrase this in a simpler way.

Is there anyway for a new player to get some idea of what drops typically have AH value?

I am mostly questing now and sometimes killing mobs in my level range in order to level, so I often have full bags of stuff which (if it is not something I can use) I vendor.

Perhaps a listing of basic materials and uncommon drops that one should always look out for and check at the AH for?

Or do I just need to visit the AH every time I need to empty my bags and check everything?

I know from playing other MMO's that some materials only drop from low level mobs, so I don't want to be throwing good things to the vendors.

Thanks,
10-01-14, 02:31 PM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by JonJonz View Post
Is there anyway for a new player to get some idea of what drops typically have AH value?
I personally use AuctionLite which, like many auction house related addons, has a "scan the whole AH" feature, so you can just visit the AH once after installing the addon, start the scan, go make a sandwich or take a nap, and when you come back it will have collected the current AH prices for everything. It will then display that information in item tooltips.

In general, all gray items are vendor trash. Get any of the bazillion "auto sell gray items" addons that are available, so you don't have to click on all of them individually. I recommend Drop The Cheapest Thing since it will also add an entry on your Broker bar (eg. Bazooka) or minimap if you don't have one that you can click to delete the least valuable item in your inventory, which is helpful if your bags are filling up when you're not near a vendor. By default it will only delete gray items and food/potions that you've outleveled, and it shows you on the bar and/or in the tooltip what will be deleted.

White items are generally consumables (food, drink, and potions) crafting materials (eg. cloth for tailoring and first aid, meat and vegetables for cooking). Cloth is valuable at all levels. Dropped consumables and non-cloth crafting materials are generally worthless, so if you're not going to use them yourself, just vendor them.

Green and higher items are almost always valuable. Gems and the Primal/Eternal/Volatile elemental things will always sell on the AH. If you have enchanting, just disenchant all the green equipment you get, since it's easier to sell the dust and shards than the items themselves; check the AH before disenchanting any blue BoE items since they may be valuable.

If you don't have enchanting, just put all your green BoEs in the AH for 3-5x their vendor price (AuctionLite has an option to put in a default price based on either the currently active listings for the item or its vendor price) and if they don't sell the first time, vendor them. This is definitely not a strategy for maximizing profit on these items, but since I don't pay to obtain dropped items in the first place, I prioritize not wasting my time over squeezing out a bit more gold.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Vendor or Auction, is Auction, avg price