Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
07-06-13, 02:13 PM   #1
Malsomnus
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
LF testers for my new add-on

Download Raidbot here

Summary: This is an add-on that lets you send automatic messages to raid members when specific raid events occur. For example, you can set it so that on Megaera's first Rampage it whispers "use tranq!" to the druid and "use spirit link totem!" to the shaman.
You open it by typing "/raidbot" once you're in a raid group.
I left in the debug messages for start of combat, end of combat, and each event it currently detects.

Long version: I wrote this other thing some time ago, and people told me what they really wanted was something less static, that responded to actual boss events. It took me a lot of time to come up with a design that would give this amount of flexibility but still be usable, and this is my first beta version. I've tested it a bit on Lei Shen, plus a bunch of porcupines in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, and the general systems seem to work, but I need to get it tested on other people's computers and raids as well.
Currently it only contains half the ToT bosses, and some of them have no events anyway, but you can set up custom messages that you send by pressing a button (you'll see it) whenever you want, so you can set, for example, a rotation of major healing cooldowns that you call for by pressing one of these buttons.
The best examples I have for places where you might want to use this are Megaera's Rampages, and Lei Shen's transitions (make sure everybody remembers where to go).
The little raider frames can be moved around, to help you plan positions and such more visually. They can be put back in their original grid by pressing the Default button.
I don't think the Clear button works at the moment, but next version will have both Clear Event and Clear Boss buttons (which will work!).
Messages can be either typed manually by pressing the little note button that appears when you mouse over a raider's note, or dragged and dropped between raider frames.
You can load a list of messages you've previously used on each specific boss/ event. You can then press Load All to load all of the messages to the original raiders (if they're in the raid), or you can drag each of them separately to any existing raider.
Once you've set up the messages you can press Preview to send all the messages from this boss to the relevant raiders. For example, on Lei Shen that would tell everyone what side to go on for each transition.

What I need: Feedback about the interface. Is it convenient? Can you use it quickly and easily? Is it obvious?
Does the mechanism seem ok? Is that convenient? I've been told that a whisper is not the best way to get info, so a next version will allow it to display the whispers in big text somewhere (assuming the recipient has it installed as well), but for now there are whispers and a raid warning.
Does it seem to detect events like it should? Does it detect the correct boss fight? (I don't expect any of it to work on non-English clients at the moment)
Does it slow your computer down? It didn't seem to do anything to mine, but you never know...
Are there any other events that you would want automatic messages for but the add-on doesn't support yet?
And, of course, what other bugs are there that I haven't noticed?

Tons of thanks in advance to anyone who agrees to help on this

Last edited by Malsomnus : 07-09-13 at 04:46 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » LF testers for my new add-on