04-28-09, 10:33 AM   #1
Affinity
A Murloc Raider
Disabling actionbars

I would really like the ability to disable the actionbars so i could use macaroon instead. In my opinion the best action bar mod out there. I still have the opportunity to use it in correlation with nUI I guess but macaroon gives me much better opportunity to make custom bars much more advanced than nUI.

04-28-09, 12:02 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Here's a quote from the support forum:http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ght=action+bar

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
No... nUI is neither designed nor intended to be used with other bar mods and completely removing nUI's action bars would break much of its functionality.

05-01-09, 10:57 AM   #3
Affinity
A Murloc Raider
Ok, guess i'll have to stop using it then. too bad really, cause i liked it a lot

05-01-09, 10:59 AM   #4
Tegarbah
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

What did it do that was special?

05-03-09, 06:04 AM   #5
Affinity
A Murloc Raider
First of all it's completely customisable. shape, color, size just about anything.

you can make buttons trigger other bars, other buttons or just about anything you like. and it's also the only macrobased action bar i know of.

But i've solved the problem. so no worries now

07-05-09, 10:32 PM   #6
Cesard
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Tegarbah View Post
What did it do that was special?
I replied to something similar in another forum, but I'll summarize it again here.

The 2 main advantages of Macaroon, in my opinion, is that it lets you extend the number of macros you can have to as many buttons as you can have. Blizz's macros limit you rather severely to the number of macros you can have, and to make things worse, those macros are applied to all your toons on the realm. So you can't have separate macros for each toon, which would alleviate this problem somewhat.

And also, Macaroon lets you have much larger macros than what Blizz lets you have in its macro system.

If nUI could incorporate these 2 things, I'd be happy... But personally, I don't see it happening because the author would need to essentially duplicate a large part of the code that Macaroon has.. The project would be just too big, probably.

07-06-09, 06:08 PM   #7
spiritwulf
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You do know blizzards macro's are split into 2 tabs in the macro's section - 1 for general and 1 for character specific...
not for pleasure
but for survival

07-07-09, 09:17 AM   #8
Baltharus
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by spiritwulf View Post
You do know blizzards macro's are split into 2 tabs in the macro's section - 1 for general and 1 for character specific...
true facts

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » Disabling actionbars